Authenticity

Sherbet

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have EA Sports Cricket 2004 on the Playstation 2 and was wondering if the competitions are authentic. The 'World series' sounds very much like the Victoria Bitter series so I don't think the World series exists.

yup basically all ODI tournaments except for World Cup, ICC Cup etc. were World Series

Victoria Bitter have sponsored the World series for a long time now so why doesn't it say 'VB series' in the game modes menu?

Probably also because VB is an alcoholic beverage (and children will play this game)...same as tobacco sponsorship/censorship laws in sports like Formula One.

But I have yet to hear about some kid who took up drinking because the stumps at a ODI had a VB symbol on them... :B

actually VB have only been sponsoring the world series for about 3 years now. before that Carlton & United Brewies (which owns VB) sponsored it.

its like the test team sponsored by 3, which is owned by Hutchison telecom and that owned Orange

Pretty cool how sponsorships work...

Hutchinson is a pretty popular company in the Asia-Pacific area...I'am surprised that India didn't have an international sponsor such as them since there are so many international companies in the sub-continent these days (Bangladesh, the worst team amongst the test nations, had Mobil Oil and Coke as their two sponsors during the world cup last year, which really impressed me)

It usully depends on the board policy also BCCI would prefer local sponsors rather than an international one and it also depends on the bid by each company.

I'll take that back...

Sahara isn't just any Airline, it just happens to run one (in India). They own their own channel, and have grown into a $7bn diversified business group with interests in housing, entertainment, media (they have a channel called 'Sahara' in India).....

Great stuff... :up

Users who are viewing this thread