Ball carry from edges in Career Mode

stykboy

School Cricketer
Hello, I have no idea how to make the ball carry after it takes an edge to the keeper/slips. I have tried a few different slider positions which seem to affect the AI players but not me. I bowl medium fast and almost always my edges don't carry even when the keeper and splips are up. Can anyone tell me which sliders and position of sliders will help with this frustrating issue.

Thanks

Slider Ai timing lower it to get more egdes.

What difficulty is your bowling on

I’ve found that my edges only seem to carry when I’m bowling a good length. The full length deliveries don’t seem to carry.

Usually on normal/grassy pitches, medium or soft. My AI is legendary, but I use medium bowling difficulty. The only edge I got that was caught was off a good length.

Im playing around with ball and pitch friction. Not sure if it is or isnt making a difference. Ive set them both at 25

Pitch types and their hardness also determines ball carry. You're not going to get flying edges on a soft green deck.

Which pitches are the ones that the sliders do actually make changes on. Played two matches now, one on standard and one on soft pitch but the sliders have no changes on these two pitches.

So has anyone worked out definitively if any of the sliders affect edges? These edges from toe of the bat flying to boundary off a straight yorker is starting to drive me crazy. The directions are fine, whatever, but the power, carry and lack of resistance from the ground seems so unrealistic! Any advice on slider changes would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread