Bangladesh tour of Afghanistan & Afghanistan tour of India

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good day for India's top order, especially heartening to see Vijay get back among the runs right from this game itself. He has to be India's lynchpin at the top of the order when we bat in England. Its a good move to try Rahul at No. 3. More so, it means that Pujara will be on his toes to perform or else perish when we play in England. Disappointed that Karthik failed. Hope he gets a second chance.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
My friend has booked ticket to attend day 3 of match and was all set to travel from Hyderabad to watch it.

To his luck, his travel ticket didn't confirm, so he canceled the ticket.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That was quite anti-climax. Poor poor stuff from Afghanistan and no fighting spirit whatsoever. Ireland were in similar boat in first innings but probably did not feel the follow on pressure. No excuses there and they really need to take this one hardly even though its their first ever test. Match ending in 2 days is never a good sign and it wasnt even a rank turner. In the end it was a dull boring end to a historic test match. Good gesture by Rahane by calling in the Afghainstan team for trophy photo click.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
That was quite anti-climax. Poor poor stuff from Afghanistan and no fighting spirit whatsoever. Ireland were in similar boat in first innings but probably did not feel the follow on pressure. No excuses there and they really need to take this one hardly even though its their first ever test. Match ending in 2 days is never a good sign and it wasnt even a rank turner. In the end it was a dull boring end to a historic test match. Good gesture by Rahane by calling in the Afghainstan team for trophy photo click.

They are batting in test cricket for the first time ever and for a subcontinental team thats getting its first taste of the highest level of cricket, I dont think this was unexpcted. And I wouldn't criticise it too much by saying "Poor" and all. Its a harsh initiation for them into this level but they should learn. They have the bowling to keep themselves at a decent level. If their batting learns and moves forward in the right direction, they should turn things around.

I have a feeling Afghanistan will perform much better when they face sides like West Indies, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc. The thing is, India/Australia/England/South Africa are the top of the cream and its going to be massively hard for Afghanistan to straightaway perform and that too in their country's debut test.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
They are batting in test cricket for the first time ever and for a subcontinental team thats getting its first taste of the highest level of cricket, I dont think this was unexpcted. And I wouldn't criticise it too much by saying "Poor" and all. Its a harsh initiation for them into this level but they should learn. They have the bowling to keep themselves at a decent level. If their batting learns and moves forward in the right direction, they should turn things around.

I have a feeling Afghanistan will perform much better when they face sides like West Indies, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc. The thing is, India/Australia/England/South Africa are the top of the cream and its going to be massively hard for Afghanistan to straightaway perform and that too in their country's debut test.
I am not criticizing them at all, and saying POOR stuff in no way means I was criticizing them. I am a big fan of Afghanistan Cricket, I have been pretty active and praise each and every performance of them but when it comes to poor performance, I will say that because that does not mean I am criticizing them. Also yes while I do agree that there will be nerves when they come out to bat or bowl or even field but Afghanistan are not new to cricket. This journey of theirs started 10 years ago and they have a good domestic setup. I was just saying they did not apply themselves, expected a better fight even though I knew India will win it.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

They bowled all right, but nothing from the batting.

I agree with @CricketQ20 , expected a better performance from them. They played several poor shots which brought many batsmen's downfall. It doesn't matter who the opposition is, if you're playing bad shots naturally you are going to easily give your wicket away. If they batted sensibly, they may have been beaten by India but in the process made respectable totals and their defeat would be to a lesser extent. It was a very tame display from their batsmen, mostly. The Afghani pace bowlers were excellent. They beat the bat several times and made the Indians play at balls that they shouldn't have. Spinners were not very effective.

The next step for Afghanistan is to play teams like Bangladesh, West Indies and Sri Lanka. Playing them would be a more gentle introduction to Test cricket, but by playing big teams they are also generally going to learn a lot. They have the potential to make it big in world cricket.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This match clearly shows the difference between Afghan and Ireland. Yes, Afghans have clearly been the superior team in the last 3 years, but for winning tests, you need experience and composure and not T20 superstars. And also, Afghanistan dearly needs to depend less on Spin bowling.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think its unfair to judge AFG on just one again, and that too against India in India.

This in no way proves that they are better or worse than IRELAND. I don't think Ireland would fare any better if they came up against this Indian side playing in home conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread