Bangladesh

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
bangladeshlogo.png

For discussion about the Bangladesh cricket team in the T20 World cup.

Squad

Batsmen
  • Mohammad Ashraful (captain)
  • Tamim Iqbal
  • Junaid Siddique
  • Roqibul Hasan
  • Shamsur Rahman
  • Mohammad Mithun

Bowlers
  • Abdur Razzak
  • Shahadat Hossain
  • Syed Rasel
  • Masrafe Mortaza (vice-captain)
  • Rubel Hossain

All Rounders
  • Shakib Al Hasan
  • Naeem Islam
  • Mohammad Mahmud Ullah
Wicket Keepers
  • Mushfiqur Rahim

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Juxtaposition! OMG!!

They'll probably play Ashraful, Iqbal, Siddique, Raqibul, Naeem, Shakib, Rahim, Mortaza, Hossain, Razzak, and either Rasel/Rubel or one of the new players. I think they'll go for extra batting, given Mortaza, Hossain, Naeem, Shakib and Razzak give enough bowling options. Another seamer wouldn't hurt though.

Here's hoping they beat India!!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, he does. Bangladesh should go through the Super Eights, because Ireland is in their group.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
not so easy, because its T20, if it was ODI i would have been more confident

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Ash1_28509.jpg

Mohammad Ashrafu: picture from todays match vs Netherlands

btw i was hoping they woud hide Rubel a little more, he could be a big surprise. but he needs some practice at the same time. and i dont see any point in taking those 2 guys in the XI, and not giving them a real chance, after all this are WU matches

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Juxtaposition. OMG!!!

It depends on their mentality. If they are looking to win the warm ups and get some momentum, then they'll be playing the best players and hoping the youngsters grow from being in the squad. Maybe give them a shot if they are trying to settle the best XI. If they are confident of their best players, then the youngsters will play. I guess Bangla is looking to win and therefore get some momentum. Would be nice to see them in the Super 8. A top 6 finish would be perfect.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Juxtaposition. OMG!!

That batting performance against Australia was rather impressive. Shakib, Ashraful and Tamim will be a handful for India.

Bowing was poor. Poor, poor, poor. Mahmudullah and Shakib were good though. The strength is definitely in the spinners. Keep on Mortaza and Razzak, and maybe let Naeem and one of the other seamers stay on.

But the batting was quite good. Need to keep that up.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Mash gave it away today vs SL! he really needs to learn how to bowl on the slog over!!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
:p

And he was worth the 600,000.

It's good to see Bangladesh making runs in the warm up games, hopefully Tamin can make an impact at this World Cup because after Shakib he is one of there most talented players.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Nice try Bangladesh against Srilanka.

Yeah they played pretty well, although they may want to fix up there running between the wickets. There was one comical run-out, and a few close calls.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yesterday little hard for Banglas,but they play really well just the inexperience due to which they lose the match

Users who are viewing this thread