Barmy Army claim that Aussie fans set off fire alarm

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Picked this one up on Twitter again:

I have to say I find the antics by the fanatics prior to the 4th Test both classless and humourless. They have sunk to a new level that I sincerely hope the England supporters will never sink to.

What amazes me even more is how little publicity it has attracted so far? If The Barmy Army were to pull a similar stunt over in Australia prior to a test that the Whingers went on to lose, I have little doubt they would be hung, drawn and quartered in the media, Ponting would be making public statements about how 'ordinary' their behaviour was and it would be the one and only reason why they lost the Test.

Full article

I'm amazed there's been no mention of this in the mainstream media. Certainly not an excuse for losing but bang out of order.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really shocking new's i am all the way with england i am sure any australian have done that if may be not but till now it look's any australian have done that.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Its in the news over here, but we are just taking the piss out of you Poms even more now.

Thinking that this made you lose the test? What a joke. Whinging Poms.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
You know Hooper it really does help if you read these things before commenting.

Eon

Club Cricketer
seconded... lol reading helps a lot lol

it is a pretty stupid thing to do, but drunk idiots tend to do stupid things lol

karnog

International Cricketer
But they said it was some lady drying her undies under a light bulb. Is she Aussie?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
There was a small paragraph on the fact that it was Aussie fans who set off the alarm in The Sun but noone really seemed bothered due to the fact we lost so badly.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
She had to put her undies under the light because theirs not much sun in England to dry out her clothes, can't blame her really.

They only lost like 20 minutes of sleep. Swann milked it so badly in the papers.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Barmy Army said:
Barmy Army claim that Aussie fans set off fire alarm

This will be the investigative arm of the barmy army will it?

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
'Dave said e'saw t'Australians setting off t'fire alarms and whatnot. T-totally, inex...inexp...in...phwoar!'

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I can just see them starring in a one off episode of Jonathan Creek now!

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I did hear about this over here, but I'll admit it, I found it pretty funny :laugh

Not saying it was the right thing to do, and I wouldn't have done it myself, but it's only a prank, as I understand it cricketers play them on each other all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread