Basketball World Championship

jdbais

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm suprised no one has mentioned it. This is the world cup of basketball and has barely got a mention in the media. It just shows how little basketball is regarded worldwide.

Anyway, good win for Australia first up against Brazil. It will also be interesting to see how the US go.

im about 90% sure bogurt is playing for australia so id say the nba have released the players

I don't know about the US and their NBA stars but I know Brazil had some, Spain have theirs and we have ours.

Basketball looked like it was gonna be huge late 80's early 90's then it died.

Aussies somehow beat brazil then lost to turkey after being up by 12 at halftime.

Seems like aussie coach is only picking sydney players?
Half the guys in the team dont deserve to be there.

Whoo! Spain look to be in good form going in (and in the first few matches). I hope that they can perform well! :D

andrew_nixon said:
Have the NBA let their players play? If not, there's not much point is there?
There are many regular NBA players playing for the team USA including Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Antawn Jamison, Elton Brand, Brad Miller, and my favorite, Kirk Hinrich. :D Here's the 12 man roster from FIBA.com.

Definitely some guys I've heard of in that Dream team. Sadly we're playing the dream team in the second round.

Talk about being screwed over. We finished as the top team in Oceania which should mean an easier draw but instead got put in the group of death and now we are facing the dream team. Geez should have finished 2nd!

New zealand arnt doing to well so far,will have to really step up tonight against arentina

Well Australia is out after a smashing by the US. They didn't even get out of 2nd gear and will take some stopping.

I took interest in it when NZ was playing but they were crap and got knocked out early, so I've kind of switched off it since then.

Users who are viewing this thread