Bat Pad Catches

SonofSlats

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone got a bat pad catch? I've only had a few from short balls and staking the field in close.

Last night in a test against Australia, I got out to a close catcher off Brett Lee, played forward a little late on the ball nicked it onto the pad and the silly mid off drived forward to catch it.. I was stunned, never seen it before.

I think it's impossible to get them with spinners aswell, tried for ages without one happening.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Ye, very bad point about this game. No short-legs or silly mid-off catches whatsoever, except that the CPU can get you caught at silly mid-off. I hate this as they are very important, and I am a short leg myself :p.

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i have had quite a few myself.

though i havn't played the game in ages

SonofSlats

School Cricketer
It was a total shock for me, it was the last over of the day and brett lee's first over..

Also never had a caught behind of a spin bowler.

embi

International Coach
Also, most of the edges are bat-pad, they inside edge them onto the pads and it goes behind. The slips and the wicketkeepers reactions are a bit slow as well but somehow they dive spectacularly to catch it.

maniac

School Cricketer
wides

I have experianced this myself and what about wides the umpire rarely calls wides. oh and sometimes i'll hit the batsmen's pad on the leg and the umpire will give it a wide. :mad

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Wides are stupid aswell. The Cpu bowls wide down the leg side and gets a dot ball. They also bowl wide balls that are impossible to hit, but not given wides.

maniac

School Cricketer
**pad on legside**

u hit the nail right on the head Drewska .that drives me nuts when playing against my friend because he starts to bowl like that when i'm about to beat his total.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
I have been caught a couple of times by short leg when trying to cut a fast bowler. The ball comes in - too close to the batsman to cut and hits the glove for short leg to pouch the catch.

It always looks as if the ball comes off the body of the batsman rather than bat or glove but it's given out anyways.

hasun300

Club Cricketer
i think i had a few catches to silly point,short leg
but i think it was not bat pad

Users who are viewing this thread