Batting Controls Using Eliminator Aftershock

ashishum

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello,
I have been "trying" to see how well it goes but both the batting and bowling but I have been brutally beaten up by the opponents.
I do have the controls for frontfoot/backfoot/duck/hit a six. But could anyone tell me if there are any power options which I could use with gamepad(eliminator aftershock).
In short, would appreciate if someone could post a bit about batting controls/techniques using "Gamepad".
So far, all I know is using frontfoot/backfoot buttons along with hit a six to produce powershots.
Also, in the field editor, I wasn't able to move around all the players and set the field according to my choice. I was just able to maneuver one player. Any suggestions on this one shal be appreciated as well!
Thanks a lot,
Ashishum

There must be four other buttons on the front end of your game pad controler, you need an 8 button game pad to play cricket2004, as for for field editor once you select that one fielder go back to your keyboard and use the 1-9 keys to select different fielders and maneuver them using the game pad.

Thank you. I shall try to set the fielders using keyboard 1-9 keys.
As for the gamepad, I do have 8 button gamepad. Frontfoot-backfoot-hit a six-run buttons are the only one I could use effectively right now. I tried various permutations and combinations using different buttons, but wasn't able to produce any effective strokes. So would LOVE to know few control strategies to bat more effectively (using gamepads buttons)
Again, thank you all for making this forum so effective.

hmm tell me if i am right over here, you have the direction keys towards the left side of the pad, and on the right buttons 1-4, and on the front face of the game pad you will have 4 more buttons (thats how its like with my Genius's gamepad), you will have problems playing strokes like cover drvie, hookshot, latecut and on drive i had alot that too, just keep practicing till you get the timing of the two subsequesnt key presses to perfection.

Thank you for helping me out to setup custom fields. Appreciate it.
As for the gamepad, you are right. I have two d-pads and 1-4 buttons on the front. I also have a 4 direction button apart from those two d-pads. But this button doesn't work as the d-pad takes charge. I do have four more buttons at the rear. And I am sure it would take lot of practise. With your experience, do you think keyboard provides more flexibility in this case? What have you found better. The gamepad or the keyboard.
Otherwise, this game is going to be a progressive experience, learning, playing and acquiring the skill to atleast win one game. Right now, the team batting against me just demolishes my attack setting up asking run rate of over 15 an over :) and bundling me out for a paltry score. They just hit sixes and sixes against me!
Wish me luck.
Ashishum.

Its just practice i have quit playing with CPU i play two player game with my brother, i prefer keyboard as i learnt the game on this and find it more easy where as my brother says who has played with both the controls that he would rather prefer playing with gamepad, its just a question of how well you adapt to the game pad, spend a good 15 to 20 minutes in the nets with the game pad and that will do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread