Batting on Test Level

SonofSlats

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All,

I've been playing RPIC on club level for ages and decided to try a test match on test level. Bowled well and NZ were all out for 117 then I batted and got bowled out for 36!!!

Why is batting so hard, I could hardly time the ball, let alone score runs.

Anyone else have trouble on Test level.

I'm now playing on State level and its alot better for batting but still challenging in the bowling.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Really hard to bat, to easy to bowl them out!

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
My top score is 300-odd. Take your time and try not to slog a lot. Try and keep a Good batsman right until the end of the innings, as they tail are rubbish. Try and bat 90 overs, even if you bat slowly, you'll get some runs ;)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The trouble with test level is that batting is hard for both player and computer because the timing zone is much smaller.
It takes a while but if you practice your timing and also your defensive shots then eventually you'll start hitting some bigger scores.

kodos

International Coach
I don't think that test mode is overly difficult. I find it very enjoyable as there are not as many sixes hit and also find facing the likes of akhtar and murali challenging.

woodzy

Club Cricketer
Hey have any of u guys encountered the bug in the game where the computer hits the ball in the outfield n doesnt run the easy single.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
woodzy said:
Hey have any of u guys encountered the bug in the game where the computer hits the ball in the outfield n doesnt run the easy single.

My word.

Where have you been all this time?

I (and I think I speak for the entire forum here) have never encountered such a bug, and find the CPU running to be abolutely spot on with no need for complaint or posting on this forum.

Hint: Search button.

sripree

School Cricketer
Test level is easy

My Highest Score is 548-8 playing for INDIA against the World XI.
Sewag scored 228 and my career player scored 156.

I always score at 10 runs per over. I only play strokes in places where there are gaps.
The standard shot I play are shots to fine leg, on-drive, glide to third man, straight. I always use the Six button when playing these shots.

I rarely play the cover drive.

Another trick is to press the defence button (without pressing any direction). The batsman immediately plays the defense stroke with perfect timing thereby increasing the confidence.

Also when playing fast bowlers, wait for the slower delivery and score max runs out of it.

When playing leg-spinners use the glance stroke a lot.

Warne and kumble are piece of cake for me.

The bowlers who has troubled me are Murali and Razzaq. All the others I score atleast 10 runs per over.

Since I have won against all the teams (playing away), I have now decided to form a new XI of great players and play against them.

My advice is be aggressive.

aitzaz

Club Cricketer
I Really Didnt Felt That Batting Wasnt A Big Problem For Me In Test Difficlty

That Might Be Because I Am Playing Cricket Games From A Long Long Time

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I've just played an innings, the only bowler I didn't hit for 6 an over was Bond because of his pace, anyone slower is easy to hit for 4.

hasun300

Club Cricketer
of you do that then you can get edges which can go to the keeper,s gloves or a slip and they can put a cover or extra cover which will block those cover drives

who_is_this_guy

School Cricketer
hasun300 said:
of you do that then you can get edges which can go to the keeper,s gloves or a slip and they can put a cover or extra cover which will block those cover drives
oye yaar tu mast kamaal ka banda hai be
tu keep trying coved drives

Users who are viewing this thread