BBC Empire of Cricket

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did anyone catch this the other night on BBC2?

If you didn't and you are interested in Cricket History, might be worth a look on iplayer. Programme 1 covered England. In the second programme (7th June 9pm) it's the West Indies.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I saw it. Some of it was interesting, but overall I don't think cricket fans were the target market.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
No, nothing new in it really, (but then it is a history programme!). Am expecting to learn a few little factoids on other nations though as I don't know much about the early history of most other nations.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Found it quite interesting as with you Kev I'm looking forward to watching the programs about other nations as I pretty much knew English Cricket History/had a very good idea about it.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I missed the England one (would consider watching it on iPlayer, but from what I've heard about it, it's pretty basic stuff and basically just a look back at the Ashes), but I'll probably try and catch the Windies one. I have some knowledge of the Headley era, well more specifically Headley, but it'll be nice to get a more indepth look at the Windies side as a whole in the early years. I presume the majority of the programme will feature the sides of the 70's and 80's as well, which could be worth watching, always nice to see footage of the great quicks of that era, plus Sir Viv.

Manly

Thor
I caught the programme and at face value it was alright :) pretty interesting stuff for me.

In other news I am currently reading Penguins Stopped Play :)

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Pretty good. The whole amateur/professional thing still exists to an extent at my club.

Never realised it was Graces fault that we have the ashes.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Pretty good. The whole amateur/professional thing still exists to an extent at my club.

Never realised it was Graces fault that we have the ashes.
It was a small link really, it was Grace who pissed Fred Spofforth off and fired him up but there's no excuses for failing to chase 80 odd.

Users who are viewing this thread