Best ever episode of Friends?

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't really do this as a poll, with 10 series and about 24 episodes per series, 236 in total, then it would be hard to pick out anything other than my favourites which might include one of people's top ten but I couldn't guarantee the most popular would be in it.

My three favourites are :

The One With The Football

It's thanksgiving and the friends decide to play (US) football, except Monica and Ross aren't allowed ("Who says - your mom?", "yes")

They decide to play except then Chandler can't because his mom won't let him cross the road. Rachel is useless and can't catch the ball - "I almost caught that", "now it's seven to almost seven"

A dutch girl is watching so Chandler and Joey are trying to impress her. "Where do dutch people come from Joey? Is it somewhere near the Netherlands?", "Nice try. See the Netherlands is this place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from". "Enough with geography for the insane.................."

Friends Episode 3.09

The One With Rachel's Other Sister

Amy turns up at Ross' flat on thanksgiving, asks if she can take a telephone call upstairs "sure, we don't live there.................." They foolishly invite them to Monica's for thanksgiving where Chandler has persuaded Monica to use their fancy plates. Amy alienates everyone with her ignorance and inability to consider anyone's feelings. Amy decides that it would be "great" if Ross and Rachel died because she'd get their daughter Emma. A debate and lot of ill-feeling ensues over who would get Emma, the interaction between Amy and Rachel is excellent to the point they have a girlfight and break a plate. Rachel apologises and says that Amy can use her discount card, "you won't regret it" replies Amy.

Friends Episode 9.08

[color]]My third choice is very difficult, the thanksgiving one with Brad Pitt is good, but I think the one where the girls gamble away their apartment to Miss Chanandler Bong (and Joey) will be my third and final choice.[/color]

The One With The Embryos

The chick rooster and the duck are annoying the girls in the flat opposite so they bet to get rid of them and Monica gets over-excited. It starts off low key, but the argument centres over who knows who better. The boys guess what is in Rachel's bag, and it ends up Ross setting some question with the girls' apartment up against getting rid of the boys' apartment.

They end up on a lightning round in which the girls don't know what Chandler's job is and lose.

And perhaps the best line is in the hospital with Frank Jr when discussing the chances of Phoebe becoming pregnant by IV.

Phoebe: So, well okay, so is... maybe there's something that I can do, y'know, just to, like, help make sure I get pregnant?
Dr. Zane: No, I'm sorry.
Phoebe: Wow! You guys really don't know anything!
Frank Jr: I know! Why don't you get drunk! That worked for a bunch of girls in my high school.

Friends Episode 4.12

Oh, and anyone who knows what the music at the end of the episode of "The One That Could Have Been (part 1)" then please do tell

Looks like many people still watches. I left watching many days ago. I may switch again if it's worth.

I rarely watch it these days, it's overdone by E4 but then what don't they overdo? They love flogging something to death, of course on that note BB is coming according to their ads which will make that channel a no go for people like myself.

I enjoy a bit of Friends, but don't follow it to this extent. :spy

Could all those who don't watch/like it, please feck off for want of a better way of putting it. Only muppets actively post in threads about a subject they don't like, the thread didn't ask if you like it or not, it asks for the best ever episode.

So to put it more politely, do one.

I liked the episode where they made a full fledged video of Phoebe singing Smelly Cats!
:laugh

Could all those who don't watch/like it, please feck off for want of a better way of putting it. Only muppets actively post in threads about a subject they don't like, the thread didn't ask if you like it or not, it asks for the best ever episode.

So to put it more politely, do one.

Fair enough, but next time tag your reps

hMarka added 0 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

I got negged for that as it wasn't related to the topic enough. :laugh

same

Seinfeld FTW

Friends is great, how can't you like it?
I've watched like most episodes twice now, as they just repeat over and over again.
Can't really pinpoint any episodes as the best though.

Friends is great, how can't you like it?
I've watched like most episodes twice now, as they just repeat over and over again.
Can't really pinpoint any episodes as the best though.

I don't find it particularly funny. The characters are dull and uninspiring clich?s. The jokes have very little wit behind them

^ what he said, its brainless and hackneyed teenie bopper comedy.

more neg rep from Owzat on the way I presume.

Personally I find it really amusing, probably b/c I'm a few years younger than both of you.
I don't really have in problem with the characters, they all seem fine to me. (Rachel :love)
I think it has a good storyline (not great or amazing), and in every episode there are a few lol moments.

Users who are viewing this thread