Your Cricket Best spell you've faced?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
We were 90/5 in 23 odd overs, chasing 270 in a 40 over game. I walked in against a team of ripsnorting Pakistani bowlers. This was my first game in a while and I was 15 years old.

I think they went easy on my as my partner on the other end was taking multiple bowls to the body while I was able to blindly leave the ball outside off stump pretty safely. These guys were QUICK.

I faced 21 balls without scoring. I simply couldn't make contact. Not a single one at the stumps. I went for a few dabs, got beaten. A coverdrive? an edge that would fall short of slip. Was really frustrating. A spinner came on for a while and I took him on, got a boundary.

Next over was bowled by someone who must have been Abdul Razzaq's twin brother. I swear, he looked just like him and even had the same bowling action. He wasn't as quick as 'Shoaib' and 'Asif' (two generic names we came up with to describe these guys) but was more dangerous - he picked up both our openers in the first over.

First ball, beaten outside off stump defending. Second one I left, it came back sharply and there was a huge appeal, not out. Was plumb, I swear.
3: Another away swinger which I thrashed at and was beaten, again. 4th ball was a peach of an inswinging yorker that took out middle stump.

I ended with 5 (32). We went on to lose by 130+runs.

Good thing is now I play for this team :D.

25 over match.
15th in progress.

Ball 1. Wide.
Ball 2. Wide.
Ball 3. Wide.
Ball 4. Wide.
Ball 5. Wide.
Ball 6. Borderline, wide not called.

[Wides weren't bowled over]
After the over, my coach, who was umpiring, had a chat with this guy for about 5 mins straight after the over. LOL.

What. A. Spell. :P

In Under 11s we were 4 wickets for 3 runs down and their opening bowlers were like nothing we had ever seen before. I came to the crease, and they were swinging it heaps and bowling way faster than anything I had faced before at the time. Plus, they were sledging heaps, practically their entire team and after every ball they would all shout and go crazy if I left it. Was incredibly nerveracking, especially as I faced my first ever bouncer in that match. I was so shocked that someone could actually bounce it at my head, I did some sort of weak hook shot that went a couple of metres.

Made 20* retired though, so it was all good yo

The best spell I've faced was against Jeremy Scott, Bradley Scott's brother. He bowls with his brain and has so many variations. I was playing quite well actually on about 30 when he came in to bowl, but after 2 overs of me playing and missing or edging out singles he got me with a beautiful slower ball that I pathetically chipped to cover. He laughed at me :laugh

Probably this one game where not only were the bowlers hitting the spot and quick, the fielders were also stopping everything. I got to about 17 off heaps and then hooked one cleanly only for square leg to take a stunning diving catch.

This year we where versing the top team in the comp the bowlers weren't blindingly quick or anything it was just one ball a yorker middle stump. I jammed the bat down in time but somehow the ball got around my bat and hit only middle stump it was the best ball i had ever faced.

Users who are viewing this thread