BLC On windows XP(Help!) - Possible Solution on P4!!

Chanakal

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
First of all I think this forum is Great, I was looking for someting like this.

I have two questions, and Would GREATLY appreciate if anyone can Help me on this.

1)Has anyone being able to run BLC on windows XP for that matter windows 2000? I tried all the compatibility versions in XP :( nothing worked. Is there any work around. Has codemaster addressed this?

2)I saw a post where they said the demo version of BLC works on windows 2000, do you know where I can Find this demo version.

Thank you all,

Hey,
BLC is actually very close to the WIN95 way of programming and according to COdemasters they are not going to change that. They are not going to give any patch for WINXP or Win 2000. Blc also does not work with NT, but only win WIN 95, 98 and ME.

The demo can be downloaded from www.cricketgames.com under the links of BLC.

Thank you for the reply Saptarshi,

Is Playstation of BLC cricket as good as the PC game?

Are there any good cricket games similar to BCL that runs on the Windows XP. I know Cricket 97 is not as good as BLC.

Thank you

chanakal,

there is no better games than blc. and i think that codemasters has no any plan to release a new version of blc in the near furure.
i've heard cricket2002 is good. but its only for playstaion
hope that a newer version of blc 'll release soon

thanx

UnderTaker

There is a BLC for the playstation. Actually it is the playstation version from which the PC version is made, so the file formats used is of playstation programming. Thus, the playstation version is same as the PC one. I think you can use an emulator eg Bleem to run that CD in XP or 2000.

Wow thats great news, cause I orderd the playstation version, but I am not able to run that on my playstation as its PAL, and my playsation is NTSC.

If you can let me know where I can get download or buy the emulator that would enable me to run BLC playstation on XP or 2000?

Has this worked or being proven?

Thank you,

Edited By Chanakal on Jan. 31 2002 at 19:48

I haven't tried it out, but just got the idea during answering your query. Probably Bleem should work with XP which can be downloaded from www.megagames.com

I looked for Bleam in the megagames website, but couldnt find anything about it. Is the software not in use anymore?

I looked for beam.com too. Any suggestions is welcome.

Thank you

Hey thw softwares name is "Bleem" and not beam. You can try out the following link ::

207.71.8.31/update/download/full.html

I am sure the download works and also probably it will work with XP. Anyway which version of XP do you have?

Hey chanakal did you get the demo version. I am sure that the demo version is working on XP..........

The latest news for running Brian Lara on WindowsXP.
I personally haven't tried this yet but, if you can get hold of a
copy of "Personal Computer World" March 2002 - ?2.99 - on
page 180 there are a few solutions to gaming under XP.

I have a Voodoo 5 card, and can't run BLC with XP, so I've
decided to run a duel boot system and therefore able to play
my beloved BLC.

I hope this is some help ...... keep battin' Mark :P

My Xp version is Home edition. I tried the download version on Wndows 2000/NT and it worked. But not on Windows XP :( .

207.71.8.31/update/download/full.html URL doesnt work.
I went to www.zophar.net/windos.phtml and downloaded the Bleem version, but it doesn't install as it says its not an win32 executable. :(

The downloads in this page does it work with Playstation?

About the dual boot, I heard its hard to run another OS in XP unless you format the disk. Can you run windows95 from another hard disk instead of formatting the hard drive? (Its a brand new PC and I am kinda nervous about it.
???

Has anybody tried anything else?

Thank you

I have actually tried out the things you are talking about becoz even I installed XP and could not run BLC. So even I tried dual boot but Alas ! it did not work out. Instaed it made me format the disk.

If you want to make dual boot, you have to install WIN98 first and then install XP in such a way that you have to say dual boot when installing XP. I don't know about XP home, but in the XP professional version you have this question during the installation.

You could also downlaod a "boot loader" from download.com by searching for it.

Users who are viewing this thread