BLC and Windows XP

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

Has anyone got BLC working in Windows XP (Pro or Home)?

As I have got Windows XP Professional and I cant get BLC working in it.

Heres the email I got from Codemasters about it:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer
Services concerning Brian Lara Cricket. Your query was dealt with by Rob.

Unfortunately Brian Lara Cricket has not been tested under Windows XP. The
game (as detailed on the box) was tested under and supports Windows
95/98/ME.. Until such time as hardware manufacturers are supplying certified
Windows XP compatible drivers, we cannot offer support for the game under
this operating system. Sorry.

Please quote your ref. number in all further correspondence. IF YOU NEED TO
REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE ENTIRE TEXT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR
REPLY.

Regards
Codemasters Customer Services

Can anyone help?

Ste

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
I think XP is based on NT/2000 base code so I feel it's in that genre of OSs (not in 95/98). So games may not work well on XP.

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
XP is supposed to work with most games and it does.

Ive got all the other games I have working on it, including some older than BLC. Its just BLC that doesnt work. Abit of a pain when you run a BLC site!

Ste

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
If rest of the games run, that's a good news :) I am thinking about getting XP on my machine (was concerned if my games will run)..

btw looking fwd. to the BLC online event..

(Edited by Shailesh at 11:32 pm on Oct. 25, 2001)

Malcolm

School Cricketer
Supposedly XP has an "emulation mode" that allows it to emulate older versions of Windows for programs that don't run under XP. Has anybody tried running BLC in this mode?

A

Anonymous

Compatibility mode doesn't work under XP. And as for codemasters comments. Hello? Nvidia make drivers for hardware. And they are out for XP! This is codemasters way of saying,"sorry,but we don't give a #### about this game anymore"

A

Anonymous

And just another thing on this topic. The funniest thing about all this scenario is that the BLC demo works under XP! You don't need to tinker with compatibility mode either. Try it for yourself. So it obviously has potential to run the full game under XP. Problem is codemasters don't care about the people who still play and love this game.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
The game of BLC is still the best Cricket game till date. But you cannot blame codemasters totally for their arrogance. The game is the least selling according to officials compared to its other games.... Also the game is generally bought as apirated one by most people in India and other cricket loving places. In the U.S, The I.C.C game is more selling and also the E.A one. Thus you cannot blame Codemasters for not looking onto this game anymore. I think If we continue sending mails to Codemaster on variuos issues of BLC they should develop interest in the game and produce various new versions. I advise all the people to buy original versions of the game..............

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
Maybe you should try messing about with the settings using Microsoft Application Compatability Toolkit for XP.

That might work?

Search for it on Microsofts site

Ste

fitzthetank

Club Cricketer
Ste...

I have xp too and I warned people on the board that it doesn't work with Lara. I e-mailed codemasters and they tell me that i should try a duel-boot system, with windows 98. But this means i have to wipe my hard drive. Lara does not work with XP. I have several games which don't. Theres no way around it except for the duel-boot.

-Lee-

fitzthetank

Club Cricketer
I personally use my laptop to play. Its worth getting one just to play the god of cricket games ;).

-Lee-

Users who are viewing this thread