BLC On windows XP(Help!) - Possible Solution on P4!!

A

Anonymous

hey mates
BLC or SWC won't run on Win2000 or winxp.
its due to runtime problems.the runtimes are not 128bit encryted.

lobby

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey Baz,
I tried my #### out of XP for making it work in XP. And virtually I got fed up... But after your recent discoveries I am charged up again.
I tried the method you have written, but I think you have missed out on something. Probably I was on the right path on what you said but suddenly the game seems to stop before it begins. Hope you sort it out !!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Jst wondering, have you copied the sub directories of the [b:post_uid5]c:codemastersbrian lara cricketblc[/b:post_uid5] directory to the program directory (and the brian lara root if you want). this is quite an essential step which i may not have highlighted. If you go there and do select all, go to program directory and do paste and overwrite all it may be the solution
In response to Mikes question i use a geforce 256 from creative (has nvidia), i just use d3dhigh files and it is fine. I have only basic connection so when i get time i will email.
Baz

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Hey baz,
Please uninstall everything of BLC. I mean all the registry entries and all the files you have copied.... Then again try running the game again by the process you have written.If it works then I think your PC is something special.... If some new thing you remember then write back and tell the details.

Mike

School Cricketer
Yes I think baz may have a special pc, I think there is something to do with the exe files he has or the video cards. But the demo works fine for everyone who have tried so, If we can use a hexeditor to compare the normal exe files and the demo exe files we can maybe find the solution. Or if Baz sends us his exe files.

Also the demo is installed in default directory, so we may not need to tweak the dir settings.

A

Anonymous

if you havent already looked, look at mikes new topic in the main forum saying that his does work. He has helpfully posted the working files that i have provided. Hope you can all get it working,
Baz

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
The download link does not work ...... Pase tell me when did you buy your CD baz and from where >>>>>>>>>>

rudra

School Cricketer
Hey,
I have SWC and I did everything that you said to do BAZ but instead of copying the BLC folder I copied SW99 folder and I got it going but there's no sound so everytime I go to play a match it hangs at the coin toss :( so wat do i do???

A

Anonymous

on the title screen (with pic of shane warne) press right and then enter, before the screen disappears. Then if sound works on the menu screen you should have no problems
Baz

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Hey where are the patches gone.... ?????? I mean the XP working .exe files. Please put it for download again. ......

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
hi saptarshi,

the files are still there.In the forums see the topic "All new working files for XP" posted bu mike.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Thanks ritwik for your earnest reply !!!! I have the files and the game is running exceptionally well in XP...

Soorryy for my absent-mindedness ......

rohits

School Cricketer
yes the game is running very well. only one problem though....the patch doesnt seem to work. I think its because the patch changes the .exe files. so in one-dayers, we have to do without wides, and the field restructions are upto 10-over mark only. Any idea how to get the BLC patch to work in XP ?

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
I think forst of all we all would like to know where those special exe files came from... If those are from the new CD sold by Codemasters then they probably would be doing the same with the patch files...
Just check out their site..

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
someone mentioned in the forums that the files by baz were not needed as the game still runs if we follow baz's solution EXACTLY.

Regarding codemasters i don't think they are thinking of cricket at all for now because the site has not been updated for ages and there is no news in their newsletter either{i get it}.Most of the original blc developers joined ea to develop c2k2.

Users who are viewing this thread