BLC On windows XP(Help!) - Possible Solution on P4!!

Just thought id write this list to confirm how to make the game work. The c:codemastersbrian lara cricket directory should have these sub directories in it. If it does not, copy them from cd or from the c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogram directory

anims-backdrop-blc-captures-classic-dll-dlls-faces-fields-fmv-helmets-init-logo-maps-maxim
um-minimum-nets-nets2-outfield-pages-patches-pitches-print-program-savegame-skinbadges-ski
njobs-skinned-skymodel-stadium-stadiums-standard-teams-tim-tmd-weather-whites

and in the c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogram directory
you should have (these are probably the essential ones)

all the above + pcsound + savegame
if pcsound is not there move it from c:codemastersbrian lara cricket

In conclusion make new directory codemasters and then sub directory brian lara cricket
copy all cd to this driectory
run setup and do standard installation
copy blc (the contents), pcsound and savegame to the program directory
double click the appropriate file in the program directory and remember to press right and enter on the title screen

Baz

Hi Baz
The first question is how to copy the game.
It is protected. How to get rid of that protection. Securom 5 that was mentioed at someplaces just run with windows 9x. so how did you get your cd to copy or you already have that copied cd
waiting

hi,
no basically it is not copying the cd but just copying the directories on the cd. you go to my computer, right click on the drive the cd is in adn click open or explore. Then go to edit, select all, copy. Now press the up button on the toolbar until you come to mycomputer and go to c drive,
codemasters, brian lara cricket (or make it if it doesnt exist)
Then go to edit and paste.

It is not illegally copying or anything (you still need the cd), its just tricking the game to think the cd can be read properly, when actually it is reading from the hard drive.

Installing the game does essentially the same thing (copies some directories to the hard drive), but obviously you must try my solution because of the cd problem.

Hope this clears things up,
Baz

Hi baz.
wait a minute
I dont get you at all.
I was just doing that but when i go to C drive folder that i have previously specified and click on paste it gives error messege, can not read from the source.
Am i doing anything wrong or what?

the only time that happens normally is if the cd is dirty or damaged. In this situation just try and clean the cd or if you have 2 cd drives try it on another one. This problem is something physical as literally any working order data cd allows the copying as i described.
Baz

Hi baz,
Thanks for getting back all the time.
Here is the issue. I dont think my cd is having any problem. neither cd drive.
I did exactly what you said and its showing error messege of not able to read.
then I copied whole CD to another cd using the securom and tried the way you said and still shows error messege.
Then i started copying folder by folder from cd to the newly made folder. All folder get copied except program one. as soon as i give copy paste order it shows the same error messege. not able to read.

either i am missing the whole thing you are saying or something weired is happening. Has any body tried this??
do they have any problem in copying the cd. i guess they must have because cd is copy protected. As baz is saying he wants contents of cd to get copied on hard drive and ofcourse it can not be done withour cracking the copy protecting software.

let me know what can be done baz
thanks again

I got a "this is not a valid win32 application" when i tried to run 3dhigh.exe directly from directory. and same for other launch files, have not tried much tweaking will give it some more try.

hi,
concerning the cd problem i dont really think it can be solved, unless you copy each sub directory in program one at a time.

Concerning the not valid as a win3 2 application, that happens if you double click d3dhigh in c:codemastersbrian lara cricket. This is the incorrect way.

Go to [b:post_uid0] c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogram [/b:post_uid0]directory (it will exist if you followed my instructions) and double click that one. That is the one that works.

Baz

Has anyone met with any success using Baz's solution for running BLC on Win 2K ? Im still wondering whether to get a copy of BLC or not. If it has worked for anyone please respond.
thank you

Hey baz,
is it possible that somebody load program folder to my computer directly. can you do it for me. I have T1 connection. Do you have broadband.
Or anyone else in the forum can do it?
Then I can try baz solution.
regards :0

Still no luck for me after running file from program dir. I still get this is not a vaild win32 application. WinXp supports 2 diff file systems Fat32 or NTFS, I guess that might be a factor as well.

hi baz
i too tried your method, but when I click on any of the .exe files, nothing happens. The "wait" timer icon comes on for a few seconds, then it goes away and screen is as it was. Can u suggest something else ? I am using Win 2K

Yea Rohits, I get the same thing. Im using win XP..
The same busy signal comes and then it goes away with the screen left as it is..
HEy Baz..can u help us out?

hi,
to be honest i cannot think of anyother reason why it is not working. All I know is that after doing these steps it is now working perfectly on my xp machine. The only thing i can advise is to check if the exe files that you click on in the program directory are the exact ones from the program directory or the root directory of the cd. copy the exe files again to the c:...program directory. Just keep experimenting and if there is trouble just uninstall.

Im sorry you couldnt get it working but keep trying,
Baz

Hi Baz, I've been playing with BLC to work in xp like you said. I use to get "this is not a vaild win32 application". Then I installed the patch and now it seems like its about to ren the game but it stops. So I think some how your exe files if they are working can you email me the files at [email protected]. And also what kind of graphic card do you have ? . Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread