BLIC 1 ball crash problem.....Solution Found !!!

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Finally got the game running..............here's what i did....

1. Set the compatibility mode for both 'Cricket.exe' and 'Configration.exe' to Windows 98.

2. Open 'Configration.exe' and set the game to window mode under 800x600 at 85hz 32 bit.

3. Run the game.........VIOLLLA

**Tip - There is a way to find out whether the game will NOT crash is to notice the time it takes at the LOADING screen. I've noticed....earlier it used to take a hell of a lot of time and the game used to crash after the 1st ball. But now with the above configs, the game loads a lot faster than before and does not crash.

Plz to reply if this works for you.

!!! WORD LIFE !!!

Well ! can u Explain in detail ,,how to do this ,,i mean step by step ,,,which will be easy for non professional people like me...thanx

tutsipoppy2 said:
Finally got the game running..............here's what i did....

1. Set the compatibility mode for both 'Cricket.exe' and 'Configration.exe' to Windows 98.

2. Open 'Configration.exe' and set the game to window mode under 800x600 at 85hz 32 bit.

3. Run the game.........VIOLLLA

**Tip - There is a way to find out whether the game will NOT crash is to notice the time it takes at the LOADING screen. I've noticed....earlier it used to take a hell of a lot of time and the game used to crash after the 1st ball. But now with the above configs, the game loads a lot faster than before and does not crash.

Plz to reply if this works for you.

!!! WORD LIFE !!!

NO ! its not working anyway,,,the game is crashing when the ball reaches wicket keeper ,,so there might be serious error in code in thr DEMO it self ,,nothinn wrong with our cards or systems ,,,if that is the case how the game runs before it reaches WK ,,,

ramana35 said:
Well ! can u Explain in detail ,,how to do this ,,i mean step by step ,,,which will be easy for non professional people like me...thanx

1. Go to ur Blic 2005 main folder.
2. Right click on Cricket.exe, click on properties, click on Compatibility tab and set it to Windows 98, do the same for Configration.exe file too.

3. Open Configration.exe file by double clicking it. Remove the mard on Fullscreen option. Set the configs so tht the game should run at, 800x600 at 85hz 32 bit.

4. Click on Run Game.

tutsipoppy2 said:
1. Go to ur Blic 2005 main folder.
2. Right click on Cricket.exe, click on properties, click on Compatibility tab and set it to Windows 98, do the same for Configration.exe file too.

3. Open Configration.exe file by double clicking it. Remove the mard on Fullscreen option. Set the configs so tht the game should run at, 800x600 at 85hz 32 bit.

4. Click on Run Game.

Hi ! tutsipoppy2 ,,thanx for u r help ,,but the problem remains same ,,,game crashes after it reaches wicket keeper .....may be a problem in DEMO game itself ,,what do u think ???

ramana35 said:
Hi ! tutsipoppy2 ,,thanx for u r help ,,but the problem remains same ,,,game crashes after it reaches wicket keeper .....may be a problem in DEMO game itself ,,what do u think ???

demo is fine ..its the problem in ur computer for sure man..i play in my laptop and it runs fine from the first day but in my desktop pc it was having this first ball crash problem...i followed the solution of this guy and now its working fine,...

i cant set my refresh rate to 85 Hz? The setting does not exist.
In any case, the windows 98 compatibility thingy doesnt work

I guess its not working for some.

But for those who are able to run the game using the described settings.........Lucky Chaps.

It works tutsipoppi2. Thanks.
And one more thing. For me its works on all resolution. I think the only issue was with the compatibility.. Once again THANKS :D

how irritating. works for everyone but not me.
great work by you guys in finding a way past this problem though

dhruvdeepak said:
how irritating. works for everyone but not me.
great work by you guys in finding a way past this problem though

hey ! dhruvdeepak ,,, its not working me too,,,so u r not alone here ,,

well well well

after all that whining and sobbing, i tried a variation of tutsi's ingenious method. i set the compatibility to windows 2000 and lo and behold!

the game works perfectly, at any resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread