BLIC 2007 - Online Trophy

Just played my first game with Bumble, great game and opener to the tournament.

Match Report:

South Africa v India

On a red hot day in Jamaica, with the pitch like glass, Graeme Smith won the toss and elected to have a bat. He wanted to get runs on the board and then bowl India out cheaply.

Graeme Smith and A B De Villiers came to the crease with one intention, to attack! They managed to do this, hitting Pathan for 15 in the first over of the match, they got the score to 30, until Smith was tamely dismissed, he departed the crease for a quickfire 11. Prince and Kallis both gave support to De Villiers, who made a very speedy 39 before getting out. The lower order didn't really fire against India's spin attack, led by Harbhajan Singh. However in the end, having run until they were out of breath, South Africa made a competitive 106-9. Zaheer Khan led India's pace bowling attack with a very impressive display of 3-14 from 2 overs, with Tendulkar and Harbhajan Singh both chipped in with a wicket.

With a target of 107 on their minds, Sehwag and Ganguly strode to the crease, looking to get ahead of the rate. However, in the first over of the innings, bowled by paceman Makhaya Ntini, he got Ganguly for a golden duck as the ex-captain edged to wicket keeper Boucher. The wicket brought Sachin Tendulkar to the crease. From there on, Sehwag and Tendulkar went on a run craze, and Smith was trying everything to either slow the run rate or get urgent wickets. He turned to Hall, Langeveldt and Smith, having already used Ntini and Pollock. These 3, although slowing the run rate marginally, did not take the vital wickets, and Smith was forced to turn back to Pollock. Tendulkar brought up his 50 off just 22 deliveries. However with just 3 more needed, Smith trapped him lbw in front. Despite that, Dravid came in and smacked the winning runs, and with 7 balls to spare India had won by 8 wickets. Sehwag finished one away from his 50 on 49 not out, while Ntini had the best bowling figures for South Africa with 1-17. Tendulkar quite rightly got man of the match for a fantastic quickfire 51.

India beat South Africa by 7 wickets

Great game Bumble, despite the result I enjoyed it. Also, congratulations on your fantastic start to the tournament.

just s you know i'm going away on wednesday and sadly i'm not active at 3AM to play a drunk puddle so i may not end up getting this game in :p

Good stuff lads, I'll try and get myself sorted and ready to go this weekend, I've been battling work and flu at the moment :(

PhilD123 said:
Just played my first game with Bumble, great game and opener to the tournament.

Match Report:

South Africa v India...

Top match report, I thoroughly enjoyed the reading and the italic font worked well.

It seems that online mode provides not so easy batting as run rates of 10-12 an over are quite realistic for a 10 over match.

Also good to see India win one;).

no worrys about it puddle,i don't mind pulling out if you can't make it because it's my own fault if I'm going away in the middle of it for a week.

Leicester Fox said:
no worrys about it puddle,i don't mind pulling out if you can't make it because it's my own fault if I'm going away in the middle of it for a week.

Nah mate I can play my second fixture when I put the whole fixture list out, we can just play it another time if we don't manage to fit in before you go away. I'm guessing you're only away for a week?

yeh it's only a week,wednesday to wednesday so it means that i will only miss 1 weekend where most of the games are likely to be played anyway.

Yea it was a good game, i was watching bumble & Phil. I thought Phil had a good enough total, but bumble got there in the end just.

Phil, did you notice how many catches bumble dropped lol? His computer is pretty crap, so as soon as it gets to the outfield the game lags badly, making timing a catch almost impossible.

is there any room for me :P... plz let me know, i play on gamespy.

regards

The_gas said:
Phil, did you notice how many catches bumble dropped lol? His computer is pretty crap, so as soon as it gets to the outfield the game lags badly, making timing a catch almost impossible.
Yeah, he dropped quite a few. Mine seems to be without lag on the 10 over games, the 20 over game I had though, my batting lagged quite a lot.

I m getting my BLIC 07 soon :) i have already ordered :onpc

Users who are viewing this thread