BLIC Statistics

markh

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Like many BLIC fans, I've always been a bit annoyed about the lack of stats tracking. So, I've finally decided to try and do something about it, and I've knocked up a very early 'proof-of-concept' for statistics.

It's a long way from release, and I'm not sure if it'll ever work reliably enough to be useful!. The game wasn't designed for this (at least, not the way I'm doing it), and so it's possible I'll hit a dead-end somewhere :)

For now, I'm concentrating on bowling, mainly the following:
  • Result of each delivery (dot ball, smashed for four, etc).
  • Maidens, overs, wickets, strike rates, and so on.
  • Career bests and performance tracking.
However, I haven't managed to get ball flights yet (so no wagon wheels, hawkeye stuff, and so on). That does make the thing a bit limited. It's also very unlikely that I'll integrate it into the game, it's a separate program for now.

If anybody has any ideas of the kind of stats/graphs they'd like to see (I'm no cricket expert), please post them. I'll try and post some screenshots later.

good luck to you mate :) keep us updated

Great idea :cool: Would this include stuff like .EXE editing? If you could, your a legend ;)

He'd be a legend to just get stat tracking! It's all BLIC needs to be a wonderful game!

A very early screenshot. Not very exciting (and you can see it messes up the career players), but it's a start. I'm working on graphs and such as I capture more data to work off.

Attachments

• blicstats1.png
    blicstats1.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 295
Nice work mate. It will be certainly a very good addition to BLIC. Awaiting further progress and wishing you success.

Looks good so far, BLIC definetely needs stats to give me the drive to achieve something. Even if you couldn't manage to add it into the actual game, it looks great as it is.

Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments! I've added the basics of batting now (runs/fours/sixes/outs), and I'll see if I can put an alpha out within a few days or so. The most time-consuming side is the display side - it'd be great to have something with TV-style presentation, or even something that looked like it ought to belong in the game, but my graphics skills are awful.

Having the stats integrated into the game would be fantastic, but it's not something I plan for the first release. We'll see how it goes.

so this program basically hacks into BLIC/RPIC while it is running and shows the statistics for the game? thats a darn fine effort.

markh said:
A very early screenshot. Not very exciting (and you can see it messes up the career players), but it's a start. I'm working on graphs and such as I capture more data to work off.
why r u copying my work? :mad

Users who are viewing this thread