Bouncers

KJT123

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi wondered if anybody can help me.

When i try to bowl a bouncer it comes up as an orange circle and nearly always get hit for 6.

The shortest length with a green circle is not a bouncer and only comes up to the batsmens hip.

Thanks

Yeah man it's just poor implementation by Trickstar...if you want to bowl an 'authentic' bouncer pitch it really short but it will probably be hooked for six anyway. Take the problem up with the creators

Why don't u try bowling a yorker, it will magically bounce to shoulder length but you will still be cut/hooked for six. :facepalm

another fail for this game.

you bowl a bouncer and get driven off the front foot and you bowl a yorker and get hooked off the back foot!!!

i wonder if anyone who worked in the devlopment of this game has ever actually played cricket

you bowl a bouncer and get driven off the front foot and you bowl a yorker and get hooked off the back foot!!!

i wonder if anyone who worked in the devlopment of this game has ever actually played cricket

Second that, but still this game is a massive improvement from AC09

Sometimes I wonder if those actually are supposed to be front foot shots in the game and if its just a poor choice of animation.

Sometimes I wonder if those actually are supposed to be front foot shots in the game and if its just a poor choice of animation.

The animations used in the game are clearly divided into front-foot and back-foot, but for some reason it's picking the wrong ones, sometimes even when you choose your own footwork.

The direction of shot you choose will have several animations which 'fit' for that direction. So if you're aiming at fine leg, there will be a couple of front-foot glances, a front-foot swipe, a back-foot glance, etc. This is all fine. The problem comes at the next point.

The game will try to pick the animation from those four or five which has the hit point at the point closest to where the ball will pass the batsman. This is being calculated incorrectly sometimes. If it can't find one which fits the path of the ball closely enough, you get the 'WRONG FOOTWORK' message.

I understand that there are some points on the pitch where you might want to consider using either front-foot or back-foot animations in order to get the closest interception point - such as the ball at a good length - but once the ball goes a yard or two either side of a good length, only one set of animations should be considered. I'm surprised that this problem appeared in the first place to be honest - it wasn't in AC09 as far as I remember, or even any of the many beta patches we tested.

Last edited:
^The question is can a patch fix such a thing. I would request technically more able guys here at PC to comment on possibility of rectification of footwork/screwed up animation problem through a patch from developers.

Yeah yorkers don't work properly. There's only so many canned animations ingame that it almost always defaults to a 'backfoot' or frontfoot block instead of what you see in real life.

Certainly no work (or any REAL effort) put into this game from AC09.

Bouncers and Yorkers are uselss... Bouncers hadly bounce more than knee level and yorkers can be spanked any where in the field using backfoot shots.

But the thing i have noticed it is that AI bowls a bouncer some of them do climb up and some of them stay low..

I cant imagine as some one said before, this issue was not picked up from 2005 series..

:mad:

When you look on the hawkeye pitch map, the lengths of the bouncer are actually spot on, the problem is the bounce is quite often naff, I occassionally get ribbers though.

I think the reason why it doesn't look bouncer is because you aren't holding full back on the stick, which you've done in previous versions.

The bounce does need correcting from a bouncer length, though.

It's not the bounce that's the problem, per se. It's that the path of the ball interpolates to reach the middle of the bat for the shot chosen by the game. If the animation chosen is wrong, then the bounce of the ball looks wrong.

It's a shame that if animation chosen is wrong, the ball doesn't carry on on its original path

Users who are viewing this thread