Bowlers mixing it up?

bobmotty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a bowler or bowlers who have mixed up their styles during an over or session. You know one ball is fast the next a spinner the next a medium pacer . Maybe off spin then leg spin then fast pace etc.....? I hope you catch my drift.....

Yes, I remember a discussion on Radio 4 about it, but I don't recall who it was.

bobmotty said:
Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a bowler or bowlers who have mixed up their styles during an over or session. You know one ball is fast the next a spinner the next a medium pacer . Maybe off spin then leg spin then fast pace etc.....? I hope you catch my drift.....

I wouldn't be surprised if Sachin Tendulkar has done something like that, except the fast bit. I wouldn't really be able to comment further except I know he can bowl offies, leggies and medium pacers.

Afridi mixes up off-spin, leg-spin and googlies. But I faintly remember reading somewhere that the former India player, B.S. Chandrashekhar, could bowl almost any type of delivery. Not sure if this one is true, though. And I think he mixed up his deliveries in the over, too.

there is only one man that i know of and that was colin miller when the aussies went to pakistan. miller opened the bowling and they went in with mcgrath miller and then warne and either gavin robertson or stuart macgill. im pretty sure during this match he changed throughout the overs a little bit.

I was waiting for Colin Miller to come up! I'm pretty sure Afridi has too...
Oh, and there's Gary Sobers of course! ;)

fascinating stuff - keep it up. Afrdi is a talented man - i'd forgotten about him. I really enjoy watching him play, especially batting in odi's.And colin miller - wonder if he gets on with warne. vague memories of colourful hair but unaware that he mixed it up. Did he just mix up spin bowling?.What did Sobers do?

B.S. Chandrashekhar was a spinner too i think

Sachin Tendulkar of course - he can bowl anything and can keep the batsmen guessing but doesn't have complete control over the delivery

then there was that guy called Manoj Prabhakar - poor fellow had to bowl offspinners with a long run up continuosly on the behest of his skipper - Azharrudin vs SL 1996 WC New Delhi...the reason - Jayasuriya of course...

Yes Chandra was a spinner but he seemed to bowl anything. I think I read this in an Indian book called World Cup which showcased details about each world cup till 1996. There there was an episode about how Chandrashekhar bowled a different delivery each ball in the over. May have all been spin variations though.

James Ormond bowls medium fast and off spin.

In the under 15 World Cup in 2000, Pakistan had an amazing bowler called Muhammed Naeem who bowled left arm spin to right handers and right arm spin to left handers equally well. He often did it in the course of the same over. Nothings been heard from him since though.

Users who are viewing this thread