Bowling Bowling Bowling

clumsden2000

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,
I am having a little trouble getting wickets could any of the experts share a few tips ?
I cannot seem to get a wicket, plenty of maidens, and you know its always good to bowl a maiden over arf arf arf...!
Thanks in advance.

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
I know that when the batsmen at the crease get their confidence up and build a good partnership that it's almost impossible to get them out.
This is one of the best ways in my view, if you bowl the odd yorker on the off stump they might be bowled or out LBW.I say the odd because two or three might see your ball going for six.Another way is to bowl lots of maidens, set a field that cuts the runs off and just be patient and wait for their mistake.

Tomdood55

School Cricketer
put in four slips and all fielders on the off side in the ring except third man on the boundary and bowl on and outside off stump with varying amounts of late and early outswing. this will get wickets on all difficulties but takes lots of patience.

dannybecks

Club Cricketer
also dont forget to slip in the odd bouncer, if you can catch them off guard you can hit them or maybe even get a wicket, hittin them brings confidence down a long way and moves yours up dramatically

irfan pathan

School Cricketer
bowl full lenth around the wicket, and then as the ball pitches press L2 you will trap him leg before

dannybecks

Club Cricketer
L2 and R2 are special balls, you need to bulld up your bowlers confidence before you can use these.

Tomdood55

School Cricketer
they are jus yorkers on bouncers though with pacers the dont do nethin if ya use them on the bounce

MagicHat

School Cricketer
How many overs have you actually bowled, clumsden2000?

I just bowl on/around off stump, on a decent length. If I'm leeking runs to a particular area on the field, I'll put a fielder there. Try to be satisfied with bowling maidens, and just throw in the odd ball that swings the other way (or goes straight on). You can also vary length and occasionally throw in a ball designed to get a wicket (like a full inswinging fast ball). Be sure that you always have a stock delivery that you bowl the majority of the time though. Just be patient, and remember you only really have to work for 5-6 wickets because the tail are easy to get rid of.

Bowling is so great on this game. :clap

dannybecks

Club Cricketer
Tomdood55 said:
they are jus yorkers on bouncers though with pacers the dont do nethin if ya use them on the bounce

quite to fun to use on the tail but for the rest i use the yorker. and when i want a bouncer i bowl a real one, aimed for the nose at 85-90 mph, rattle the cage!

what magic hat said is perfect, i spend most of the time swingin the ball away and the slip in a yorker or a ball nipping in towards the stumps and the pads.

you could also do that the other way, bowl a good line with the ball coming into the batsmen and the swing it away looking for the edge.

holmie

Club Cricketer
i know this is not the right forum but in cricket 2005 once the 48th over starts you can get the whole team out if you bowl full length a little off the off stump. you gotta be patient

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
MagicHat said:
How many overs have you actually bowled, clumsden2000?

I just bowl on/around off stump, on a decent length. If I'm leeking runs to a particular area on the field, I'll put a fielder there. Try to be satisfied with bowling maidens, and just throw in the odd ball that swings the other way (or goes straight on). You can also vary length and occasionally throw in a ball designed to get a wicket (like a full inswinging fast ball). Be sure that you always have a stock delivery that you bowl the majority of the time though. Just be patient, and remember you only really have to work for 5-6 wickets because the tail are easy to get rid of.

Bowling is so great on this game. :clap

I agree bowling is a lot of fun, even if you have to bowl 90 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread