Bowling in Test Matches

• Thread starter Deleted member 9102
  • Start date
mate...im playiong them on test level and bowled them out for 89 on the ps2, im playin as england, harmison got two wickets in his first over spell, bowling just slightly off offstump, and with the occassional slight inswing. But Giles was the main tormentor for me picking up 7 wickets. Obvious depends on the pitch as well.
hope that helps mate.

Use your 2 fastest bowlers and bowl a good length seaming in to the right handers most of them will edge it onto leg stump. Also try bowling a bouncer on the 5th delivery and then a yorker on the last one.

Try to keep 4 or 5 balls in the same spot just outside off stump, maybe even give them all a touch of late swing away from the batsman, then pitch the last ball up outside off stump jagging in and swing it in viciously. If it's wrong it's a boundary ball, if they play it sensibly its a dot ball, if it's the perfect delivery it swings at pace, hits the deck and jags some more, and the off stump looks lovely as it flies into the keepers midfift :P

i need help too, 408-2 , Thorpe 87* , Lara 101*
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive tried everything still no luck
Yeh im playing northern hemisphere on village or county!
please please ill giv vcash

One thing I've noticed is that people all have big scores scored against them on Village or County, I believe it's easiest to get wickets on test mode :S

Would be nice though if they had got it the right way around though in terms of levels :P I'd love the computer to score 300-400 odd against me on test level. OR even the choice to mix and match, for example Id like batting to be on Test level, and bowling on county to see more runs scored.. Or something like that

Slow left arm

Got any tips on bowling SLA? I always play as England but really seem to struggle with Giles - he gets knocked around the park regularly.

Even though I mix up my deliveries I have never been close to an LBW or an edge from the batsman. The only time I can get a wicket with Giles is when the batsman mistimes a slog and gets caught. I have managed to bowl a few batsmen out, but it's rare.

Also can anyone tell me how to bowl bouncers and yorkers properly? I managed a decent bouncer last night, but don't know how and couldn't repeat it.

After you hit the button to signify you want a bouncer how do you reposition the bowling cursor so that it's the correct length? Or do you start off with it short?

Similarly with yorkers - how do you position the cursor properly? Do you just start with it around the batsman's feet?

Just start the ball short, and press the yorker button, and vice-versa for boncers.

ZoraxDoom said:
Just start the ball short, and press the yorker button, and vice-versa for boncers.

Do you mean start the ball short and press the bouncer button and vice-versa for yorkers?

Users who are viewing this thread