Bowling Tips Thread

i dont know on c2k4 but this trick worked for me in c2k2.bowl a yorker on leg stump with a fast bowler.the batsman should go for an on drive and miss the ball.if he dosnt miss then there could be a edge

Indian that doesn't seem to work in c04, the comp usually flicks it on the onside.
One way of getting the comp out (only tried in a 10 over game) is to bowl very full about a yorker length on off stump or wider and change the swing to where ur fielder is usually just move the dot in the red ball to the top left hand conner.
Then bowl it at any pace and most times the comp will hit it to long off.
The best type of bowler for this trick is a swing bowling (medium pace). I had Hayden catch 8 catches in a game at long off.

If you're playin a Test or 50 Over ODI pitch it up. NOT yorker length, but just full of a good length, outside off stump. Mix up the deliveries as well.

if you bowl short of a length, the batsman will hop onto the backfoot and cut you away for 4

Attachments

• forumteam2.JPG
    forumteam2.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 62
Obviously he will but you need to have a packed off side field specially a packed behind the point area atleast 6 men their ie including the slips.

The secret, which I have just discovered, is to play a 50 over match. Me, who can't bowl, bowled Pakistan out in 8 overs. All caught behind, in the slips or bowled. (medium level)

well another way i get in cricket2002 is put a very good field with alot of people all over the rope and a few of them in. then bowl a short or almost a short ball.the batsman should hit it in the air and it might be a catch if he hits it in the right area

Originally posted by I:Indian@Jan 24 2004, 04:33 PM
well another way i get in cricket2002 is put a very good field with alot of people all over the rope and a few of them in. then bowl a short or almost a short ball.the batsman should hit it in the air and it might be a catch if he hits it in the right area
:D

Last time (all together now).
"This is a Cricket 2004 forum"

this is hilarious. i've played the game for almost a month now, and have thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay aspects. to be honest, this is the best cricket SIMULATOR i have seen as far as the bowling aspects are concerned. the trick guys, just like in a REAL cricket game is to bowl well. i've used my own experience in the field to approach the bowling tactics in this game and it works. just bowl on a good line and length consistently and set your fields accordingly. you will get wickets. take into account the skill level of the batsman facing and the conditions of the pitch and that should help you. for example, don't bowl full on middle stump of the opening batsman, he'll whip you off his pads everytime (just like in real life) be patient, put it on or outside off stump on a good length (just like in real life), make the ball move in the air or off the pitch and you'll get results. the determination of a good length will depend on the conditions: if the batsman is playing back foot shots, pitch it up, if he's having no problems driving the deliveries pitch it a bit shorter.
i wonder how many of you guys out there agree with my view?

In spite of all these tips - is it still pretty normal or pretty common for Computer teams to rack up 200 or so runs in a 20 over game, smack everything around the park and generally play like they are invincible? (Though luckily beforehand I've whacked 230-250 off 20 overs...)
If so, is the simplest answer - as stated before - to simply play a 50-over game to improve your bowling?

It can be a challenge to restrict the computer in 10 over mode. I've had some very close games defending auto batted targets of 80 odd.

hey guys i have found a simple trick which work 80% in odi`s and amount of overs u play now here how it goes...

bowl just shorter to a good length and a bit wider to the ofs stump means outside the off-stump and you must have 2 slips leave the first and tak the 2nd slip and a gully and also MOST IMPORTANT 2 MAN AT THE SHORT COVER i.e cover and extra cover and all the time batsmen will hit in the hands of those cover fielders and get themselves out...

also change of pace at a yorker length bowl really helps...

Users who are viewing this thread