Bowling Tips Thread

What I do is use a medium swing bowler, bowl the ball as close to the bowler as i can get it, swing it in at the stumps, and bowl it as slow as possible. The computer tries to hit the ball as if it were a bouncer and the ball goes under thier bat and hits the stumps. I can bowl any team out from 3 overs usually. this trick works really well if your not good at bowling, but tends to take the realism away from the game.

yer, i dunno why people would wanna cheat their way in winning against the Computer.

the best challenge is to play 10 overs and then simulate the entire innings(regardless of batting or bowling) then simulate the first 5 overs of second innings and then from there on try to bowl your team to victory or bat...i did this in c2k2 alot and i won by 1 run with windies last week(i was bowling)

it is a good challenge and sometimes it can make your chases intresting...like sometimes u may have to get 20 in 5 but it could also be 60 in 5(i did this with scotland vs nz in c2k2)

Admin Edit: Can you not attach movie files please. It has no relevance to the thread and eats up our bandwidth.

Hi!
Well i use these two options to get the computer out in the one day game.
Fist is to pack the long off and long on , Then bowl a yorker just outside off stump and the comp will try to hit it over the bowler and will get caugth at long off or long on. it works 90% of the time try it folks :) .
The second option use an attacking field with a short mid-wicket, mid-wicket, squareleg, point etc.
Bowl at the batsmans' feeet on the leg-side/ yorker on leg stump , but slow the pace, the comp will flick it but since the pace is slow it will get caught by the mid-wicket fielder.
try these they work well.
Gaurang

What i do is for a spinner i just bowl a short ball and use the minimum speed and the batsman will get lbw, caught or run out.

For fast bowlers i bowl short of a length and keep 1 slip , 1gully, 1 cover , 1 extra cover, i backward square leg, 2 leg slips, 1 point, i mid off.
The bastman will get out hooking to the leg slips of the backward square leg, he might deflect it to either the slip or the gully. the others are for saving runs.

Method Works 94 percent of the time.

Cheers,
Eassam

"For fast bowlers i bowl short of a length and keep 1 slip , 1gully, 1 cover , 1 extra cover, i backward square leg, 2 leg slips, 1 point, i mid off."

how do you have two leg slips and a backward square leg when you can only have two men behind square on the leg side?

Attachments

• ss9.JPG
    ss9.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 7
That is one of the things that irks me most about the game, the cpu doesn't seem to be restricted to fielding laws.
Whenever I play there always eventually seems to be about 4 fielders behind square on leg side, for some ridiculous reason. When I field, however, I am restricted to the normal two.

I find that by watching a batsman early in an innings you can tell where he is going to give you a chance. Try a few different deliveries at the start of his innings and see which one troubles him the most, with some batsmen it's a ball just short of a length coming into his body, with others they flash wildly outside off stump etc.

Had a good contest this morning, Robert Croft against Chris Cairns. I noticed early on that Cairns liked to come down the pitch to deliveries that were pitched a bit short outside off-stump and bowled at full power. For about three overs Croft mixed up his deliveries in terms of length and pace and every so often would bowl this one just short to encourage Cairns to use his feet. Just as Cairns was looking settled Croft bowled an arm ball short and at full power, Cairns came marching down looking to smash the ball over extra cover but didn't get the turn he was expecting and was a good 3 feet out of the crease when Mark Wallace whipped the bails off. Lovely!!

I love those "think the batsman out" situations...which makes those stupid runouts even more infuriating!!

Users who are viewing this thread