Tutorial Bowling Tips

Pretty much the only way of making the stumps fly or getting LBWs is getting the batter to play the wrong shot. That happens like 1 in 1000 balls. I had my best bowling performance by keeping it tight at the start and then suddenly England started throwing their wickets away. Even managed to bowl Anderson with a yorker which was satisfying.

Where do you guys bowl for left handers with a right arm bowler? The off stump line seems to get me flicked away and its a dark green area. Outside off stump is a simple leave for the AI. Am I better off going 'over the wicket' since getting an LBW is basically out of the equation?

I usually bowl around the wicket and pitch it full just outside off. Take it in and LBW/Bowled options are there, take it out and you can get caught behinds.

I haven't played much against AI, this is my experience when playing online.

Where do you guys bowl for left handers with a right arm bowler? The off stump line seems to get me flicked away and its a dark green area. Outside off stump is a simple leave for the AI. Am I better off going 'over the wicket' since getting an LBW is basically out of the equation?

Yes go over the wicket, there is a light green/yellow spot you can bowl into to bring lbw and bowleds into play.

yea its pretty silly that you cant ball a good line on off stump over the wicket with a right hander to a left hander... there are little things like that in the game that need to be fixed.

I find bowling inswingers with a medium pacer to be pretty effective... ive used james hopes well... got a fair few wickets and very economical. too bad i cant get skill points for him lol

Slip is absolutely worthless for pace bowlers, the ball never carries. Only reason to have a slip is to prevent them from playing the french cut but short 3rd man is better for this anyway.
However in Tests against the CPU short cover takes a LOT of catches and silly mid off is not bad either. In fact my short cover takes 2-3 an innings which is like 3 out of the 5 wickets I take that aren't runouts.
Online the best strat is to stock the field on the off side then bowl half volleys (which are the good length) wide of off stump moving the cursor and occasionally bowling at the stumps or bowling a shorter one. Oh, and slower balls own online, and spinners usually get crushed.

I love when there is a tight test match and your bowling. The Tension and Decisions are very fun to make. I had a leg gully, leg slip, two slips, short leg, silly mid on and a short extra cover with Muralitharan bowling to Ntini and Boucher. 3 to win. They did it and won by 1 wicket, but it was might close with edges not carrying, Run Out chances not taken and a couple of poor pieces of bowling :doh

Can any one solve this problem/bug

hi guys i am really messed up
whether i bowled yorker length or short length or watever length except full toss the computer plays back foot shot like pull and back foot drive how would it happen in the real life... oh man.. can any one solve this......and the computer start to hit the bowl for boundaries from ball one. and play defensive shots on free hit.. what is this... and no free hit in one days............????? when this will correct when will we get a perfect cricket game

LBWs in death

I got three lbws in death overs as I bowled all the balls yorker length in yellow marker.I used a custom field with mid-on, wide mid-off, long-on, long-off ,point, deep forward midwkt, deep extra cover, short mid wkt. so there s a huge gap in the offside and narrow gap in the straight. The Cpu tried to slog to offside eventually got trapped for plum lbws:). But it didn't worked with the set batsmen as he'll manage a single or defend or even hit 4 in the smallest gaps. Don't worry about the gap in the straight as the bowler itself'll stop all the balls.:D

I'll take the wicket of a set-batsmen by bowling a spinner with his usual ball spun in the opposite (eg. offspin for offspiner but the direction of spin changed opposite) he'll miss a slog and stumped by the wicket-keeper.I got 2 wickets like this.

how do we check hawkeye in the game? or does it only show up automatically??

how do we check hawkeye in the game? or does it only show up automatically??

It is shown up automatically. Can anyone tell me how to view the stats and graphs (spider, manhattan etc.,) bcoz in between the game when I pause, only the partnership stats are accesible and the remaining are locked.???

I am not able to contain the batsman in test with spin bowlers

pls tell me how to contain the batsmen wit spin bowling

Bowl leg spin from some batsman with defensive fields. You will enjoy reality.

where to bowl with an off spinner...i always get thrashed for a six

I try to pitch it slightly back from a full length. And I try not to bowl on the stumps cuz otherwise I get too many wickets! :facepalm

And bowl wide-ish outside off stump.

Users who are viewing this thread