Bowling to aggresive batsmen

Online Cricket Games Owned
What strategy do you use for bowling to aggresive batsmen, like when they get to the crease and stuff?

Two things, Fast bowler or very good spinner.

For the fast bowler bowl round the wicket, put two fielders at 45 degrees on the legside. All the other fielders close in except a deep square leg. Now bowl short (varies per pitch) so the ball will hit im in the head, he might duck or hit you for a few fours, but vary the pace a little as well and he'll play a tentative hook right to one of the fielders at the 45 degree position. I dunno whether this is a bug, but it works...

For the Spinner, have everone round the bat except a deep extra cover and long leg, now bowl as slow as you can on a length far outside off stump (so the ball is spinning in) and after a few nice blocks fire in a faster one, then another slower one and the ball will pop up off the bat to a fielder. :P

For the fast bowler bowl round the wicket, put two fielders at 45 degrees on the legside. All the other fielders close in except a deep square leg. Now bowl short (varies per pitch) so the ball will hit im in the head, he might duck or hit you for a few fours, but vary the pace a little as well and he'll play a tentative hook right to one of the fielders at the 45 degree position. I dunno whether this is a bug, but it works...

For the Spinner, have everone round the bat except a deep extra cover and long leg, now bowl as slow as you can on a length far outside off stump (so the ball is spinning in) and after a few nice blocks fire in a faster one, then another slower one and the ball will pop up off the bat to a fielder. :P

You do know this is for Cricket Captain?

i was talking to the nffc10 above, and please dont answer with one word its pointless

The pace bowler tactic is similar to one I've used in Cricket 2007. I'd be very surprised if it worked for Cricket Captain as well.

The pace bowler tactic is similar to one I've used in Cricket 2007. I'd be very surprised if it worked for Cricket Captain as well.

Thats what i was wondering because im pretty sure ive seen that around for C07

Thanks for all the high quality advice...:clap
I'll assume sarcasm.

When I've set a total requiring 6 or 7 runs an over, and I know the opposition batsmen are going to come out aggressive, I usually just put the bowlers on ultra defensive. This way the batsmen will still have a go, but get out doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread