Bracken retires with final message

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Bracken signed off tearfully on Saturday, a battered right knee pushing him out of the game earlier than the 33-year-old had wished.

He reserved particular thanks for another left-armer, Bruce Reid, as the most influential figure in the development of a method that served Australia grandly in limited overs cricket.

Describing Reid's advice as the kind that "made my career a lot easier", Bracken said their relationship should be mirrored in more systematic terms around an Australian team struggling to match the feats of earlier generations.

A review of Australia's dire home Ashes campaign, plus Troy Cooley's departure from the role of pace bowling coach after the ICC Cricket World Cup, offers Cricket Australia the chance to reinvigorate their model.

"Different people mix with different people better, and for me he was the perfect coach," Bracken said of Reid.

"Troy Cooley is fantastic, analyses and knows bowling actions brilliantly, but everybody's different.

Bracken retires with final message | Fox Sports

Sad way to see him go, last I spoke to him he was looking at getting some game time for NSW. Great servant for Australia especially in the ODIs. Here's hoping his final message also gets looked into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the injuries he didn't play cricket at all from the last two years. I agree with Gazza, he should be included in the Australian team coaching panel.

Users who are viewing this thread