Your Cricket Brands Are Just A Sticker

GREEN

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When you purchase top of the range quality bats does the brand really matter? Its the same 1 in 10 selected piece of willow with the perfect grain. Is there really a difference in quality between the Gunn & Moore 5 star limited editon and the SS Ton limited edition? They are the same piece of willow( sharing the same limited edition title) with similar grain alignment only real difference might be the shape and ofcourse the branding, but at the end of it all you are left with the same thing.
So in actuality top of the range quality just comes down to brand preference and look.

In my experiences a top of the line Laver & Wood is of far greater quality then any G&M or Puma or most brand you could name.

The difference is a Laver & Wood is custom made to suit you specifically. I had a great problem with his because it's the only one i could find that was decently heavy (mine is 3.2oz). But you can calibrate the sweet spot, the length, weight to meet your needs.

And an off the shelf bat is just that, an off the shelf bat.

The difference is a Laver & Wood is custom made to suit you specifically. I had a great problem with his because it's the only one i could find that was decently heavy (mine is 3.2oz). But you can calibrate the sweet spot, the length, weight to meet your needs.

Can I just ask how much that costs?

Mine specifically? It was $400 aus. Their range though goes from $200 - $2000 or something like that.

It was worth the $400 though, a bat from the nearest sporting goods store near me with any kind of bat near the quality of my laver and wood would be sold at around $600. So if you ask me it was a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread