Brian Lara Cricket 99 : Widescreen + Audio Fix

SavageSmith

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
CSK
Profile Flag
India
It's been two years since I made the widescreen patch for Brian Lara Cricket 99. The game would crash constantly because of my mod and I take responsibility for it. I patched the executable where it was needed rather than patching all values and now the game won't crash

And I also made one more fix - HD Audio. Well Brian Lara Cricket by default plays all audio-in-game at 22050 Hz. Whereas most of the files (around 80%) in the PCSOUND folder were having high quality 44100 Hz audio. I searched for ways the game could play the sound in it's original better quality and to be honest - finding this was the easiest of all. Now the game would play audio at 44100 Hz even the main menu music. So enjoy.
Installation - Just drag and drop the executable in the game folder and hit play
Important : Use dgVoodoo to eliminate the missing textures bug. Just download the zip file and extract D3DIMM.dll and DDRAW.dll from MS/X86 and dgVoodooCpl.exe to game directory. Open dgVoodooCpl.exe and go to DirectX. Then select your desktop resolution and click apply.
Download
KINDLY GIVE CREDITS WHERE DUE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread