A:Yorker/Full Toss
B:Half Volley/Yorker
C:Full
D:Short ball
E:Bouncer
F:Big Bouncer

Bowling tips for fast/Medium bowlers :
===============================

When a bowler has filled his confidence meter, he will be able to bowl a special delivery. In the case of a fast bowler, these special deliveries are the Yorker and the Bouncer:

1)Bowl Yorkers - A Yorker is a ball that strikes the pitch very close to the batsman?s feet.

This ball is very good delivery to bowl, especially when you have the Batsman on the back foot.There is a very good chance that you will get A.I out either LBW or cleaned bowled, especially against a tail-ender.

2)Bowl a Bouncer - The Bouncer is a short pitched ball that is bowled towards the batsman torso and head.

This is a excellent delivery to bowl to knock the confidence of a batsman.If you set a field with 2 players back, the A.I is more than likely to hook the ball straight to one of those fielders.

3)Bowling a fullish or just short of a good length delivery with a bit of swing, either left or right just outside the batsman?s off stump is a ideal bowling line to bowl. The batsman will not know whether to play off the front foot or back foot, whether to leave the ball or defend it.

The A.I is most likely to be caught in the slip region, especially when playing attacking shots.

4)The Slower ball - is a ball bowled at significantly lower pace than the standard delivery. This ball is a good delivery to bowl against an aggressive A.I batsman, as this will trick the batsman to play early, which will result in miss-timed shot. To perform a slower bowl press the triangle button.

Bowling tips for spinners :
=====================

All spinners should bowl a good line and length. They should not drop the ball to short, as this will allow the batsman more time to pick their shots. They should vary their pace so that the batsman does not get settled.

Spin bowlers with a higher rating will be able to turn the ball more, have a lot more control, have a lot more variations and will cause the batsman more problems.

Leg Spin Bowlers :
===============

1)Leg spinners should bowl the ball at a fullish length and simultaneously drift the ball into the batsman pad, this delivery will be difficult for the batsman to play against because the ball will drift one way, but when the ball pitches it will turn in the opposite direction.

2)The leg spinner has two special deliveries, which are the Special googly and The Flipper. (Just to note in order to perform these deliveries your bowling confidence meter has to be full)

3)The special googly could be bowled just outside the off-stump line. This is a good delivery to bowl as the batsman will be expecting the ball to turn in the normal fashion, however this delivery will turn the ball in the opposite direction. This will enhance the chances of the A.I being given out Lbw if the ball hits the pads or a chance of a catch depending upon the shot
selection of the batsman.

4)The flipper should be bowled on the stump line (straight) or just slightly towards the leg-stump. Because the flipper is a faster and has a much flatter profile, you are more than likely to get the batsman out LBW.

NOTE: Googly Bowlers should follow the tips above (legspinners), but mirror the information (IE, ball pitches to the opposite side and the spins the opposite way)

Off spin bowlers :
===============

Off-spinners should bowl the ball at a fullish length (not to full, otherwise the batman may convert the ball into a half-volley which is easier to hit) and simultaneously drift the ball out. The ball should be pitched just outside the off-stump.

1)The Off spinner has two special deliveries, which are the Doosra and The Quicker One. (Just to note in order to perform these deliveries your bowling confidence meter has to be full)

2)The Doosra should be bowled just outside the off-side (like the normal off-spin delivery). Unlike the normal off-spin delivery, the Doosra will spin / turn the ball in the opposite direction. This is an excellent delivery to deceive the batsman.The batsman is more than likely to be caught in the slip region.

3)The Quicker One ? is a flatter and faster non-spinning delivery. This particular delivery should be bowled straight towards the stump-line or at the batsman pads. The A.I is more than likely to be given out LBW.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey nice tips none the less. Using it on XBOX and has changed my bowling strategy when their getting away from me.

Thanks

dazza17

School Cricketer
what do the different color circles mean on the pitch after you have bowled?. I have seen red, grey and green and with a black arrow pointing in a direction. what do they mean?

Lucky

International Cricketer
Those are for the length I think, but it could also be for the different movement in/out. Not 100% sure though

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
dazza17 said:
what do the different color circles mean on the pitch after you have bowled?. I have seen red, grey and green and with a black arrow pointing in a direction. what do they mean?

Green = Good Line + Length - Hard to time shots
Grey/Yellow = Decent Line + Length - Hardish To Time shots
Red = Poor Line + Length - Easy to time shots
Arrow = Direction of ball after pitching

dazza17

School Cricketer
how best to achive good line and lenth

RabbleRouser said:
Green = Good Line + Length - Hard to time shots
Grey/Yellow = Decent Line + Length - Hardish To Time shots
Red = Poor Line + Length - Easy to time shots
Arrow = Direction of ball after pitching

Thanks RabbleRouser

Is there any fomula for achiving green circles all the time. i did notice the batsmen strugle when u do get a green circle. Is it a variation in the 4 buttons or different speed. Any ideas?

hondeyho

International Cricketer
I normally bowl red deliveries! Well I know whats best now.

Users who are viewing this thread