Buying Laptop - Need Suggestions

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've a budget of around 30K INR. I'm fine with any brand be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, or Lenevo.

I researched and found some of the laptops which seem to suit my needs such as:

• Dell Vostro 2520
  • Asus K55VD-SX313D
  • Acer Aspire E1-571-BT
  • HP Pavilion 15-n006AX

The most important factors for me are:
  • Processor speed of 2.0GHz or higher
  • RAM 2GB or higher
  • Should be DBC'14 compatible

PS: There are a couple of things I wanted to clarify from you guys -

• 90% of the laptops under 30K have processor speeds of 1.8GHz or less. Some of my friends say that w.r.t laptops, 1.8GHz is good, like the equivalent of Desktop 2.5GHz. Is it true?
  • Most of the laptops have Intel HD 4000 listed under Graphics. Is that good? I'm not bothered about any other game, but DBC'14.

If it can be confirmed that Intel HD 4000 would support it, I'll go for laptops with the above 2 criteria (1.8GHz and Intel HD 400) which will bring down the price to about 25K.

So what you thing guys?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm using Sony VAIO VPCEH35EN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 320GB/ Win7 HB/ 512 MB Graph) Rs.31994 Price in India - Buy Sony VAIO VPCEH35EN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 320GB/ Win7 HB/ 512 MB Graph) White Online - Sony: Flipkart.com since more than 2 years now. I had bought it for around 38k, but you can now get it in 30-31k INR.
Cricket Academy beta(Practice nets) works great on max settings. I play FIFA/PES 14/Sleeping Dogs and many more on max settings without any sort of lag and some latest ones run very well on medium settings. It has a 2GB RAM(Upgradable upto 8GB) and a 512 MB Nvidia graphics card namely 410M(far superior than Intel HD Graphics 4000). Intel Core i3-2350M Processor 2.30 GHz. Should be a good deal.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Looks good. Btw, I have a query. Is it possible to upgrade the graphics memory in laptops? I see that it has 512 MB dedicated memory, but could I upgrade it down the line?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Looks good. Btw, I have a query. Is it possible to upgrade the graphics memory in laptops? I see that it has 512 MB dedicated memory, but could I upgrade it down the line?
Sadly, no:
Because on the majority of laptops the graphics card is just a chip soldered to the motherboard, and even if you could replace it, your options would be very limited if any.

scratch978

Club Captain
I've a budget of around 30K INR. I'm fine with any brand be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, or Lenevo.
Always go for HP. They have good service.
My brother bought a good HP laptop worth 30K. Give you the details after asking him.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Sadly, no:

Oh man...Right now I only care about DBC and since you say it works fine, I might be tempted to go. But on the other hand, I have this thought what if I fall in love with another game which requires more memory? Some tough decisions to make.

Always go for HP. They have good service.
My brother bought a good HP laptop worth 30K. Give you the details after asking him.

Looking forward to it.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Oh man...Right now I only care about DBC and since you say it works fine, I might be tempted to go. But on the other hand, I have this thought what if I fall in love with another game which requires more memory? Some tough decisions to make.
I've always wanted to upgrade the graphics card in my laptop but its sad that you can't, this is the biggest advantage desktop users have. Going for a new system is what I'm gonna do later on and is the only way out. I'd suggest you to go for a desktop then.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
^ Believe me, I'm a complete desktop guy. I hate laptops and hence have not bought one till date. They're very uncomfortable.

But since I travel a lot and can't miss out on work while travelling, I'm forced to get one. So I'm thinking why not cash in on it by buying a decent one which can support games.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
^ Believe me, I'm a complete desktop guy. I hate laptops and hence have not bought one till date. They're very uncomfortable.

But since I travel a lot and can't miss out on work while travelling, I'm forced to get one. So I'm thinking why not cash in on it by buying a decent one which can support games.
Why not just upgrade your desktop for the time being? Most of the laptop's battery drain way quickly if you're playing some big games and you barely get any charging options while travelling. I usually play games with the charger plugged it.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Well, the thing is the laptop needs to be bought immediately, i.e within the next 10 days or so. So I'm keeping the desktop upgrade on the back burner at the moment.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Then go for the one I'm using for the time being, nothing better than that given that your budget is around 31k. If DBC is your first priority then you should not be thinking right now but still try and compare some more laptops, Sony has been great in electronics at least for me.

----------

And BTW that laptop model is available in black too, I'm using the black one.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Yep. Sony is definitely a front runner at the moment. I've a couple more models to compare and will then go for the kill.

scratch978

Club Captain
@asprin

If you can extend your budget by Rs 2500 to Rs 3500, I may suggest you two HP laptops :-

1) HP Pavilion 15-B002TX Laptop

Pros:-
  • i3 processor
  • 2GB RAM
  • Graphic Processor : NVIDIA GeForce 630M (Optimus)
  • Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity : 1 GB
Cons:-
  • 1.8Ghz Speed
  • Optical Drive : Not Available

2) HP Pavilion G6-2231TX Laptop

Pros:-
  • i3 processor
  • 4GB RAM
  • Graphic Processor : AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7670M
  • Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity : 1 GB
  • Optical Drive: SuperMulti DVD RW Drive with Dual Layer Support
Cons:-

Costlier than HP Pavilion 15

At last,
  • I think that DBC14 will run on both.
  • Also, as I said before, HP is known for it's good service.

Thanks.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
G6-2231TX seems to better than Sony in terms of hardware, but is costly too. I'll see if I can get a discount somewhere :D

scratch978

Club Captain
G6-2231TX seems to better than Sony in terms of hardware, but is costly too.

Found THE BEST Laptop for you :- (This is the one my brother has)

HP Pavilion G6-2302AX Laptop

• Rs. 28821
  • Processor : APU Dual Core A4
  • Speed : 2.5 GHz
  • RAM : 4 GB
  • Graphic Processor : 512 MB AMD Radeon HD 7420G (Integrated) and 1 GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 7670M (Dedicated)

Pros :-

A value for money product; that?s what you can actually call it. The laptop has all firing features offered at a very reasonable price. The main features to be considered are 4GB RAM, Dedicated graphics processor and memory, and the Windows 8.

Cons :-

There is no significant disadvantage except that it has a heavy weight and is meant for everyday and gaming use.
SO ENJOY DBC14. :)

For detailed review and specifications, CLICK HERE

THANKS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread