C2004 so far : Ravi, Zim, Sam...

T20

Panel of Selectors
Guys, Since I can't post replies due to my IE6 problems, here is a topic w/ replies to your posts so far.

Ravi- congrats & great stuff there on uncovering C2004 formats so quickly. feeling a lot better now awaiting my shipped copy.

Sam - good work w/ the .gob files. Are you trying to find any help on gta3 forums etc? we might find some mod who knows the file better if we are lucky.

Ravi,Zim - Saw the posts about how to enjoy c2004, really pathetic that after spending our $$ we have to play around the bugs ea left. I can't understand how the runout bug was never discovered in 18 months of work :mad: time for ea to keep the developers and fire qa team. Anyway, this has to be corrected by Ea, I don't think it's in configs that we can edit, time to start a dialogue (or should I say demand) for a official patch.

Sangam - Any ideas on IE6 issue, was there any new script added? I notice is there is another instance of IE created after I click on back button or links like add reply.

Originally posted by Shailesh

Anyway, this has to be corrected by Ea, I don't think it's in configs that we can edit, time to start a dialogue (or should I say demand) for a official patch.

Not that I actually have the game, but I must agree with this point. Editting the configs can only improve a bad bug ridden game, to make the game great, we need a patch from EA.

So this is why I suggest instead of mail bombing andrew, hb studios, and ea, we take a couple of weeks to play the game properly and find all the bugs in the game, and then send a single email to Andrew with all the bugs. This will help EA find all the bugs, and hopefully fix them. I have seen this approach work with other games, and feel it is the best method to get EA to make a patch...

Freddi

Freddi
that idea is already under discussion with the other major cricketing gaming sites. We hope to collate one definitive list of bugs to email HB/EA from all of us !!

I wonder if we should include the line "in the event of ea not releasing a patch within a reasonable time, all of us who purchased C2004 will mail our copies to Ea's heads demanding a full refund"

Ah good stuff, if we can find all the bugs then we can leave it down to EA. And then we can hope that they'll make a better patch than they did for c2002.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Shailesh
I wonder if we should include the line "in the event of ea not releasing a patch within a reasonable time, all of us who purchased C2004 will mail our copies to Ea's heads demanding a full refund"

:D :D :D

That is very tempting - but lets face it, the chances of an official patch are very slim, so we are probably left to our own devices. But we can only try and hope EA will do something - at least fix the major bugs (cpu running) and default line ups used in 2nd innings bug) else the shelf life will be short.

Users who are viewing this thread