C2004 vs C2005

sara2005

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
After having played the game for more than a month and half, I find it is less interesting by the day (or relaxing - after a hard day at work, I always found an hour of C2004 to be relaxing!!) as compared to C2004.

with all the short comings in C2004, it still seems to be more balanced compared to C2005.

i am still playing in medium difficulty and the following points have really frustrated me to the core...

1) not being able to adjust the batsman after the bowling marker is set. this means, even though I know what shot to play, I am hampered by the inability to make some minor adjustments. (the bowling marker shows up a bit late than in C2004, which is good, but, nailing the batsman has deprived us of some interesting shots we could try)

2) hardly any variety in bowling... no of balls being bowled to play the cut, late cut, glide, bouncer, etc.. are almost nil as compared to the over-pitched and yorkers bowled by the CPU.. (what a joy to see the ball racing to point or third man region in C2004!!! I miss it in this stupid C2005)

3) long-on and mid-on (cross batted shots!!) are the only regions where one can hit (or rain!!!) sixes at will. playing the short ball or hitting over the cover is mere luck!!!!

4) fielders are twice as good as the australian team of the 'past'!!! which means, in one day matches , it is really hard to penetrate the point and cover region.. literally , no way of getting even a singe in the mid-wicket /sqaure-leg region without the 'power' button. single to long leg or single to long-on /long-off are easy to take right from start to end..(again, it is monotonous!!!)

btw, test mactches are somewhat better compared to one-dayers..

I am frustrated, I still might give a try for some more time.. but the chances of me going back to C2004 (with whatever drawbacks it has!!!) is pretty imminent!!!!!!!!!!

any comments? any more frustrations from fellow players?

yeah the D shot on the keyboard is so hard to play.... in cricket 2004 s was the hard 1 and D was easy...I haven't seen ANY rain yet in test...yeah when the bowling mark is set you cant move it which makes it harder so i like it....with tusti AI patch im able to play cut and stuff and other different shots....Cricket 2005 is better but i dont get it... how to insert the pitch mats i don't know how to do it....

to sara2005

1) this is good - because this is reality. no batsman knows in reality where the bowler will bowl, i found this much better then in C2004, because moving the batsman after the cursor appairs let me hit 90 % sixes in C2004.

2) fully agree with you, this was better, but there is worked on and maybe there will be a solution.

3) try an AI patch. there are four: eddies, tutsis, sids and new boss's AI patch.
i agree that the default AI isn't, let me say, very good. but this was also in C2004 a problem. with the default AI you were able to score 600 of 100 balls

4) thats also right fielder are a little like super fielder, because they react in the moment the ball leave the bat, thats not very realistic. my advice, try boss patch, with this one i was able to score some fours on the cover side.

to indiancricketer

there are seperated files for some grounds and some pitches.
as example look here:
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=179702&postcount=28
if you choose the 0ce83d1bd97d73f5eed69ec9529a53f5.fsh to edit, your pitch ad will only appear on dusty pitches and ONLY IN NZ AND ENG. check the file, which is in the attachment. it shows all pitches with the grounds. hope you understand it this time buddy.

Attachments

• Pitch FSH.txt
    844 bytes · Views: 3
but !!!!

while i agree with you that in reality, no batsman knows where the ball will be pitched, is it not true that within the split second the ball is released and reaches the batsman, he decides what shot to play and executes it?

moreover, if the CPU bowling have had some variety, the 1st issue would not have been felt so badly!!!

well, thanks for the suggestion about the patches. I will try them to see if it makes me happy!!!

Cricket 2005 Is Poor Cricket Because Of Many Bugs
Big Bug Is We Dont Know How To Hit Back Shots All Back Power Shots Hook Pull Shortpitch Ball Cover Ball

My Best Crickets
1 Ea Cricket 2004
2 Brian Lara 2005
3 Ea Cricket 2002
4 Ea Cricket 2005

So true Kamrandahir, patched EA Cricket 2004, gives you a better game play than cricket 2005, even with the new patches & better graphics.

You are limited with the number of shots you can play, due to the unrealistic line & length the bowlers bowl (always on the off stump) even for minor teams. so batting becomes boaring after a while. No rain, no no-ball & many more features that were in 2004 are left out of 2005.

bowling is much better in 2005, but batting is what makes a cricket game more interesting. I would not play brian lara 2005, just because of this. the limitation in the batting & the arcade style of the game.

In my opinion, if you have not yet purchased cricket 2005 or BLC 2005, its worth sticking to cricket 2004, until a new version is released. I think this will be very soon, because of the negative feedback both EA & Codies from their 2005 releases & the compitition is still on for the small cricket market.

Users who are viewing this thread