Story [C2005] D.C.C.C Championship

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Brilliant presentation so far. :clap :clap
Something unique and original. I hope this would be one of the best stories from hundreds of already written for c2005.
All the best mate. Keep it up. :cheers :cheers

C.D. :onpc

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
dcccchampionship0cn.jpg

OPENING DAY

The first matches of the Developing Countries Cricket Council Championship are being played today.

The first match, involving Bangladesh and Canada, was not televised by Asian channel Ten Sports, but they have been updating the score now and again. The result has been announced.

On a humid day in Kandy, the Bangladeshis won the coin toss and elected to bat first. The pitch was very dry.

Canada battled away, picking up a wicket every now and again. However, Bangladesh were maintaining a decent run rate and were 175-3 after their 20 overs.

Canada, even minnows to Bangladesh, gave it their best shot, but simply lost too many wickets. They finished 143 all out after 17 overs. Had they not lost as many wickets, the result could have been different.

So Bangladesh started their campaign well, with a win, but Canada batted well enough to stop them getting a bonus point. They come away with five points. Canada lost by less that fifty runs, so they pick up a valuable bonus point themselves. Below is the group table at the moment.

grouptable0xa.jpg

This will of course change this afternoon when the United States of America play against Zimbabwe.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
dcccchampionship0cn.jpg

OPENING DAY CONTINUED

tropicalstormkandysrilanka7ap.jpg

Tropical storms have caused the D.C.C.C. Cricket Championship match between the United States of America and Zimbabwe to be postponed. The storms arrived in Kandy, Sri Lanka just hours after the city had hosted the first match between Bangladesh and Canada.

Because of the weather the match has had to be rearranged and the tournament extended.

"This is extremely annoying as the team had worked hard and were prepared for this match." said Zimbabwe captain Terry Duffin.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If this story is successful and gets finished, then I will start a new one with the D.C.C.C. back home when it's a bit warmer.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
barmyarmy said:
According to what rankings/tournaments? Did I imagine Scotland winning the last two ICC Trophies?
Beh, you may have technique, but we have got the fighting spirirt! White-washed the world cup contenders Bermuda with an understrength side :)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well I could have the UAE in my next series alongside Scotland so I could really settle your argument :D, but I would need rosters, kits etc. as the UAE aren't actually in the game.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I can provide rosters, but I don't have them in C2K5 format.
A whole patch for UAE is available in C2K4 format...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
dcccchampionship0cn.jpg

WEATHER IMPROVES IN KANDY, SRI LANKA

kandysrilanka7zk.jpg

This photograph, captured today, clearly shows the improvement in the weather in Kandy, Sri Lanka

The tropical storms that had unfortunately caused the Developing Countries Cricket Council Cricket Championship match between the United States of America and Zimbabwe to be postponed on Thursday, March 2, 2006 have cleared away and the match has been re-scheduled for Wednesday, March 8, 2006.

D.C.C.C. President said:
The D.C.C.C. wish to apologise to the players and fans of both teams for the frustrating days that they have had to cope with because of the tropical storms.

The match will be broadcast live, as planned, on Ten Sports.​

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Lets support Canada, good story.

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Any bets there is a massive flood when the first match is on. Most likely we will never get the DCCC Championship started! :p

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
dcccchampionship0cn.jpg

'EMBARRASED' DUFFIN BECOMES FIRST MAN TO DECLARE TWENTY20 INNINGS

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA v ZIMBABWE
Wednesday, March 8, 2006 at Kandy, Sri Lanka

Zimbabwe captain Terry Duffin has been described as 'mad' by experts and officials worldwide as he sensationally declared his team's innings in the match against the United States of America in less than five overs.

Duffin was reported to be 'extremely embarassed' by the way his team performed in the first innings.

With the U.S.A. having won the toss and electing to field first on a pitch that looked decent to bat on, Zimbabwe fancied their chances but the excellent Tony Reid took a hat-trick to make the pressure on Zimbabwean Cricket at the moment no easier.

neilferreirabowledoutbytonyrei.jpg

Things didn't start well for Zimbabwe, Neil Ferreira is bowled out by Tony Reid for his first wicket

Reid's second wicket was a delivery that Hamilton Masakadza tried to smash out of the park, only to find the boundary fielder who took a great catch.

hamiltonmasakadzacaughtoutofft.jpg

The American fielder celebrates catching out Hamilton Masakadza

Wicketkeeper Brendon Taylor failed to do any damage, bowled on leg stump with his first ball.

brendontaylorbowledoutbytonyre.jpg

The stump camera shows how ambitious Taylor's shot was

The captain offered some resistance at 4-3, smashing a six.

terryduffinsmashesasix1cv.jpg

Terry Duffin finds the stands well

Words were said between captain Duffin and Charles Coventry after the latter foolishly ran the skipper out, abandoning a run half way down and leaving him with no chance whatsoever of getting back.

furiousterryduffinrunout2ck.jpg

A furious Terry Duffin leaves the field

Coventry then hit FOUR maximums to take the score to 42-4, before being out leg before wicket. Many claim that the Zimbabwean's legs were outside leg stump.

dodgylbw9kp.jpg

Charles Coventry is out to a contraversial leg before wicket decision

That was enough in the captain's eyes, his team's faces matched their blood red kits as they walked off the pitch, an astonishing 42/5 declared after just 3 overs.

The winners are bound to be the United States of America. Come back soon to find out if that is true.​

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Barmyarmy is right, put scotland in, just make a reason that Bush needs his players to go to Iraq for a tour or something. WE want Scotland... Even Zorax :p...

Users who are viewing this thread