harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Update: Kumble strikes. Bowling Ponting who was looking dangerous on 33. Australia now 56/2 and India right back in the match and looking to put pressure on the Australian middle order.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
End of day 1

screen-end-day-1.jpg

Ravi Shastri - Well, it's been a fascinating day of Cricket on day 1 of this test match between Australia and India. I have with me Sunil Gavaskar and Mark Taylor. Nice fightback by India after tea to get three Australian wickets.

Sunil Gavaskar - Yes, of course. Kumble bowled a brilliant spell there and I liked the way he was flighting the ball and varying the length of his bowling. That was really something to see. It was difficult to bowl on this day 1 and he will be a key bowler if India want to restrict Australia in their first innings.

Ravi Shastri - And Mark, what do you make of this match now? It's nicely poised at this stage isn't it?

Mark Taylor - Sets up an excellent day of cricket for tomorrow. I think Matty Hayden looks set now to make lots of runs on this pitch. He looks really dangerous and his wicket will be the key if Australia are to make a big total in the first innings. India will have to continue doing the good work here. They need to really get stuck into the Aussies tomorrow if they want to make an impact on this match. All in all, I think it's going to be a fantastic contest to look forward to.

Ravi Shastri - And we saw some good, whole-hearted bowling from India right after tea. So it looks like being a great day's play tomorrow. We'll be back with you tomorrow with lots of action, but for now, it's time to say goodbye from Sydney...

Aus-end-of-day1-bat.jpg

India-end-of-day1-bowl.jpg

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Compared to India's start ( oh i cant even imagine that again :( ), Aussies have started off well!

I feel, to dismiss Hayden, Keep a fielder near boundaries in leg side, Attempt bouncers with Sreesanth from around the wicket.. he may fall in trap in one of the balls if attempts to pull continuously! Also try attacking field with Kumble!

I also second that Kumble is going to be the key bowler! :)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I know that consistent short bowling is a very easy way to get wickets. That ruins the game though. So I chose a normal field and still bowl short balls, but not too many. But depending on the player, bowling short balls does or does not work...

My batting is not too great though (as you could see), so that makes up for it...

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
harishankar said:
I know that consistent short bowling is a very easy way to get wickets. That ruins the game though.

Oh i thought only aggressive players do like that.. while playing Test matches long time back, i have tried a lot of short balls but it ends up mostly hitting in rib cages and luckily wud get one or two wickets becos of the mistiming pull leading to a catch near boundary! so i thought that it wud be like a real tactics ;)

Anyways, as long as Jumbo is there, Slip fielders must be alert! :)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Thanks for the tips surendar. :)

Users who are viewing this thread