Story England's tour of India! [C2004]

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Here i'll be playing England's tour of India as England on Cricket 2004.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

England will be travelling to India from February to April to play 3 test matches and 7 ODI's.

Schedule:
March 1-5 - 1st Test, Nagpur
March 9-13 - 2nd Test, Mohali
March 18-22 - 3rd Test, Mumbai
March 28 - 1st ODI, Delhi
March 31 - 2nd ODI, Faridabad
April 3 - 3rd ODI, Goa
April 6 - 4th ODI, Cochin
April 9 - 5th ODI, Guwahati
April 12 - 6th ODI, Jamshedpur
April 15 - 7th ODI, Indore

England test squad:
Michael Vaughan (Yorkshire, capt)
Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
Paul Collingwood (Durham)
Andrew Flintoff (Lancashire)
Ashley Giles (Warwickshire)
Steve Harmison (Durham)
Matthew Hoggard (Yorkshire)
Geraint Jones (Kent)
Simon Jones (Glamorgan)
Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire)
Liam Plunkett (Durham)
Matt Prior (Sussex)
Andrew Strauss (Middlesex)
Marcus Trescothick (Somerset)
Shaun Udal (Hampshire)
Monty Panesar (Northants)

ODI Squad:
Michael Vaughan (Yorkshire, capt)
Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
Paul Collingwood (Durham)
Andrew Flintoff (Lancashire)
Ashley Giles (Warwickshire)
Steve Harmison (Durham)
Matthew Hoggard (Yorkshire)
Geraint Jones (Kent)
Simon Jones (Glamorgan)
Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire)
Liam Plunkett (Durham)
Matt Prior (Sussex)
Andrew Strauss (Middlesex)
Marcus Trescothick (Somerset)
Monty Panesar (Northants)

Panesar chosen for tour
_41149276_panesar.jpg

23 year-old Left arm off-spinner has been chosen for England's your of India. He took 46 wickets in the 2005 English county championship for Northants at 21, and narrowly missed out on a place in the squad for the tour of Pakistan.

Monty Panesar said:
I'm really happy to be picked for the tour. I've worked hard for my degree at university, which hlped me to now concentrate on my cricket. I had a very good season last year, and I have been improving my batting in Australia. I hope I can cement my place in the side with some good performances in India.

Fletcher expects fightback
allsportduncanfletcherzimbabwetourpan.jpg

England head coach Duncan Fletcher expects a fightback from his a side after a poor tour of pakistan.

Duncan Fletcher said:
We were outplayed, maybe because we were overconfident. There were good points aswell, such as the emergence of Liam Plunkett, and Ian Bell getting used to the international game. It won't be easy though. The conditions are tough and India have 2 great spinners and an amazing batting line-up. We must work hard, and most of all be positive.

Chappel ready for exciting series

20030815002308201.jpg

Indian coach Greg Chappell expects the England v India to be one of the most exciting series of recent times.

Greg Chappell said:
This will be a great series. They will be really desperate for the win after a bad time in Pakistan. We although, go into the series after a 1-0 test series win against Pakistan, so we are confident, but anyone won can win in this day and age.

England will be happy to have Vaughan, Giles and Simon Jones back ready to play, which could be vital.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Some history

The last time England went on tour of India the team was building and growing. A younger inexpereinced Andrew Flintoff was inexperienced along with a lot of other players. They lost the 3 match test series 1-0 and drew the ODI series 3-3.

The ODI series was a cracker, with England drawing the series level 3-3 in the last match in the final over, thanks to Andrew Flintoff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next update: The first test match gets underway.

Users who are viewing this thread