Cameras?

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been looking through the info on the game, but haven't found anything about this.

Basically, I didn't buy BLIC 05 because there's no option to bat with the camera behind the batsman (or at least, I couldn't find one in the PC demo or when trying it on my pals XBox). I really can't stand batting whilst watching from the bowler's perspective.

Has anybody got any idea whether this might be an option in BLIC 07?

Even EA have managed to work out that a batting camera facing the same way as the batsman's head better recreates the experience of real life batting, and are thus supporting this properly in 07.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I do not think it will be in the game because it was not in BLIC 05 and no one seemed to care, so they have no reason to add it.

EDIT: Almost forgot,

Welcome to the forums.

Last edited:

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
manee said:
I do not think it will be in the game because it was not in BLIC 05 and no one seemed to care, so they have no reason to add it.

Balls. I suspected as much. Looks like I'm stuck with more of the same old guff from EA, then.

I'm really quite puzzled as to why this doesn't bother anyone else. I would have presumed that most cricket gamers are real life players, so why everyone prefers to bat facing the wrong way is an absolute mystery to me.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks very much.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah very strong post for your first ones :p

Nothing wrong with that, I think those who have grown up like myself with BLC 99 and playing it that way and learning how to play the game in that way seems to have stuck, i have tried it the way you like but i cant seem to time anything, it goes back to how you learned the basics of playing Cricket games.

Im a cricket player, and allrounder infact, and to say the most it doesnt bother me, im willing to say 95% of the forum wouldnt be bothered about batting from the bowlers prospective.

Why do you hate it so much? Im very intreguied :p

Anyways, welcome to the forums!

Simon ;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Camera position never bothered me. I wasn't alive in the 70-80's, so I never had to put up with TV coverage showing the behind the stumps angle which is why i'm not bothered about it being missing from this game. I guess i've just grown up on the modern day 'behind the umpire' view.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Simbazz said:
im willing to say 95% of the forum wouldnt be bothered about batting from the bowlers prospective.

I think you're probably right.

Why do you hate it so much? Im very intreguied :p

It just doesn't feel like batting for me the other way round. It recreates the experience of watching other people bat from my armchair rather than batting myself.

To put it another way, when I bat with my preferred camera, I see virtually what I see when batting ; watching the ball through the bowler's action, following it down until it hits the deck. It feels more like I'm being bowled at.

Moreover when you actually get hold of the ball, especially driving straight, you see what you see when you bang someone for 4 in the middle rather than what you see on tv when somebody else hits a 4. There's just something about watching the ball heading off into the distance and thumping into the sightscreen that I find immensely satisfying.

I fixed the camera in 2004 to a lower angle just in front of the keeper, and used the same position for the fielding camera with the aim of maximising this effect.

Likewise, I can't stand bowling with the camera behind the batsman. Horrible.

Anyways, welcome to the forums!

Thanks.

I wasn't alive in the 70-80's, so I never had to put up with TV coverage showing the behind the stumps angle which is why i'm not bothered about it being missing from this game.

I'm not bothered when spectating. The view from behind the bowler's arm is really ideal in this case.

Having said that, I think the spectacle of Lillee or Holding charging/gliding in towards you is one of the truly great sights in cricket. Plus, I reckon you get a slightly better sense of the pace from that angle.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah i see your point of the kind of getting in there with the batsmen. But i believe that because most of us are around 16-19, im well aware alot are younger and older, but the main middle is 16-19.

And because of this most of us grew up like i said earlier watching and playing games from a bowlers prespective. I played (and i use played as loosely as possible) on c2005 to see if i could do it, and i couldnt. I cant bat from the bowlers prospective anyways, so from the batsmens i was lost lol

Anyways i continue my warm welcomings to you, and this was one of the better first thread by a new member ive seen :p got me talking anyway.

Having said that, I think the spectacle of Lillee or Holding charging/gliding in towards you is one of the truly great sights in cricket. Plus, I reckon you get a slightly better sense of the pace from that angle.

Good sight from your armchair, but im guessing the opposing batsmen didnt think it was a great sight, i know if i was facing Lillee, id just want to get a quick single n get outa there :p

gaurav_indian

International Coach
I think its really interesting and at the same time makes it real when u play with behind the batsman camera.It means that you have to work hard to time the ball and this is what real gamers like.Has anyone played StickCricket,don't you enjoy playing it with that behind the batsman angle?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I never thought of it this way, i love playing StickCricket, actually im playing it at the moment. Yeah timing would need to be sussed out but when it is, i suppose that it would make it more enjoyable to see a shot go flying for 6 down the ground

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Indeed, but that would require almost a completely different game because the graphics would need a total change.

Maybe next year.

Although in the event it happens I think a behind a batsman view is much better than an actual batsmans view

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Stickcricket would wake from any camera angle in my opinion because it's such a simple game. I don't think the complexity of BLIC and Cricket 2007 would adapt to it very well.

azulfiqar

School Cricketer
what should be done is to allow the player total control over the camera angles...like in the FIFA series where u can exactly choose the angle height and zoom of the camera...it may not work of the camera is behind the wicket but atleast the option is available...and if u practise enough u can get the hang of it

Users who are viewing this thread