Can anyone help me?

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry to be nuisance, I'm sure you get asked the same thing all the time. But i have had a good look round the forum and can't seem to find what I need to know.

I bought Cricket 2004 a while ago and came here to try to find fixes for all the bugs I've noticed and others listed in the thread here.

I've downloaded Tutsi's v5.1 patch. I've also read here a lot about having a blank .gob file, but i'm not sure what to do.

What is the .gob file, where is it, and how do I get a blank one if that's what I need for the patch to work?

Is there anything else i need to know, or do, for the patch to work. I'm not too fussed about editing too much at this stage. Just fixing the rain bug and the team changing for 2nd innings would do for now.

Thank you kindly in advance of any help offered.

Ok...do one thing
reinstall/repaid c2k4...and download barmyarmy's kit update from cricket2004.co.uk, and then install tutsi's patch.

btw...a blank gob means an unpatched gob...ie the original gob...however in case of tutsi's patches you need to have either his earlier versions installed or in some cases a unpatched (blank) gob with only barmyarmy's kit update installed.

The best thing to do is make three separate gobs (copy and paste)
one blank (unpatched) one, which is for backup
one with colin's kit update and tutsi's patch
one with your own seperate patches (patched gob)

whichever gob you want to use, name it is as "cricket_pc"

Originally posted by Trescothick
Sorry to be nuisance, I'm sure you get asked the same thing all the time. But i have had a good look round the forum and can't seem to find what I need to know.

I bought Cricket 2004 a while ago and came here to try to find fixes for all the bugs I've noticed and others listed in the thread here.

I've downloaded Tutsi's v5.1 patch. I've also read here a lot about having a blank .gob file, but i'm not sure what to do.

What is the .gob file, where is it, and how do I get a blank one if that's what I need for the patch to work?

Is there anything else i need to know, or do, for the patch to work. I'm not too fussed about editing too much at this stage. Just fixing the rain bug and the team changing for 2nd innings would do for now.

Thank you kindly in advance of any help offered.

By default::"c:\program files\ea sports\cricket 2004\data\" folder

Thank you

I have installed Sam's patch which has sorted out the line-ups, but I think I'd like to have a go at editing some other things. I shall follow the steps you suggest.

Also, there is another problem that I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered. In the team management section, if I try to create a player, all the options down the right hand side are invisible. I can see the player model, and change it's features, but as I can't see to read the boxes, I don't know what I'm clicking on, so can't complete the player. I assumed it was a problem with my computer rather than the game. Do you know of anyone else suffering the same problem?

Thanks again.

I think I've got it all sorted now.

Thank you to those who took the time to help me out here.

And i'd also like to thank the people who took the time to make the patches and editors and such. I thought it was a great game before, but it's even better now.I don't expect you get paid for that, but I hope you can take satisfaction in knowing that you've made it much better for hundreds of people.

Great job!

Users who are viewing this thread