Can Australia do it for the 10th time?

arijitbarman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi friends, I am a cricket maniac and I am really excited about the forthcoming Test series between the host England and the visitors Australia. They will be seen in action in later half of July for the most prestigious The Ashes Trophy, 2005. England will be playing for glory and Australia will be playing to defend the trophy as they are doing it for the last 9 years. This time English players like Kevin Pieterson, Harmison & Andrew Flintoff will be heavy for Australia. I came across a site named http://cricket.123india.com from where I got the latest informations about The Ashes Series 2005.Looking towards the past, bowling department of the teams will be the playing factor. Now let?s see which side makes the race. Hey the Aussies won the Natwest series by 2-1.

It will be close.. but i cant see england winning it. If you look at it seriosly, the australian side is miles ahead of the english. But you never know, this australian side is coming up with some wierd suprising performances this summer(bangladesh).. they arent as aggresive as before, but id still expect them to win it.

However, i think this dominance of theirs is coming to an end. This is arguably the greatest cricket team ever, but they are ageing. Was looking through their side and most of them are in their 30s. Mcgrath, hayden, ponting(?), gilrctist, warne, gillsepie(?) etc

amolbhatia85 said:
It will be close.. but i cant see england winning it. If you look at it seriosly, the australian side is miles ahead of the english. But you never know, this australian side is coming up with some wierd suprising performances this summer(bangladesh).. they arent as aggresive as before, but id still expect them to win it.

However, i think this dominance of theirs is coming to an end. This is arguably the greatest cricket team ever, but they are ageing. Was looking through their side and most of them are in their 30s. Mcgrath, hayden, ponting(?), gilrctist, warne, gillsepie(?) etc

If they are miles ahead, why will it be close? ;)

themuel1 said:
If they are miles ahead, why will it be close? ;)
Erm... teams do go through bad patches btw. Australia were always alot better than us, but we kept beating them here, until the last series.

angryangy said:
What is this "Ashes" you speak of?

I believe it's a Cricket game where two teams who love each other bowl underarm old chap ;)

My opinion:

Australia to win 3-1/3-2

I think we will the Trent bridge test. Maybe the Oval test.

Australia are the worlds best side by a fair bit. we are closing them down. If all our players perform to their ability we have a great chance.

Australia to win it though, unfortunately :crying

We'll make them work for it though.

Well replying the main question of the thread

No Australia cant do it for the 10th time because after 8 you have 9 and not 10.

so, i think they`ll do it for the 9th time

Well Im gonna remain confident and say Australia arent gonna get there 9th Ashes.

England are finally going to rise to the challenge and win the series 4-0

There'd be a riot outside your house, if any of your neighbours heard you say that!:D
Australia will win,3/0.Can't be sure about english weather.

our weather is baking.

I don't think more than 6 hours of play in the whole ashes will be stopped.

It's getting hotter here each year. mid 20s in London.

Sureshot said:
our weather is baking.

You call that 'Baking'? :D I'm just being cautious with my predictions,should get better results that way. ;)

m_vaughan said:
Well replying the main question of the thread

No Australia cant do it for the 10th time because after 8 you have 9 and not 10.
So you're pretty confident you'll either win the series this series or the next Ashes in Australia?

If the Tests would have started rightaway when Australia came to England the series would have been very close. But Australia is hitting form lately and I don't see them losing them the Ashes. For me the Aussies are the favourites.

Last edited:
Sureshot said:
our weather is baking.

Good god mid 20s!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!

Yes, we will win the Ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread