Catching ?

sweet magee

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Am I missing something with taking catches ? Line up circle over ball till it goes green and then click A (on Xbox) ? Keep dropping routine ones and wonder if I'm missing something ?

Am I missing something with taking catches ? Line up circle over ball till it goes green and then click A (on Xbox) ? Keep dropping routine ones and wonder if I'm missing something ?

on PS4 you must still aim the Right Stick towards the ball from the players point of view (thats always been a requirement to take a catch in DBC14/15)

Still can't seem to catch anything - just put three caught and bowled chances down in a single Mooen Ali over. Very frustrating - don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Still can't seem to catch anything - just put three caught and bowled chances down in a single Mooen Ali over. Very frustrating - don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Ya same here. Wish they had some fielding training as they have for batting and bowling.

When it turns green you press X (PS4). This is especially useful in career mode when the camera moves for a caught and bowled.

When it turns green you press X (PS4). This is especially useful in career mode when the camera moves for a caught and bowled.

You have just changed my life :lol

I have been getting annoyed trying to line the bloody thing up the whole time only for it to move at the last second!

I move the stick into the circle on xbox one until it turns green and press A, then nothing happens... I never get a wicket!!! is there something I am missing? I have caught many catches, but they were never given out... first I though that maybe i had to appeal for the catches... then I caught a few and appealed, still nothing!

I move the stick into the circle on xbox one until it turns green and press A, then nothing happens... I never get a wicket!!! is there something I am missing? I have caught many catches, but they were never given out... first I though that maybe i had to appeal for the catches... then I caught a few and appealed, still nothing!
there are actually a few bugs with the edges, especially top edges off spinners.

i have had a fair few regulation catches not given out even when the commentator talks about the edge.

It is more a glitch that BA needs to rectify, not you doing something wrong.

there are actually a few bugs with the edges, especially top edges off spinners.

i have had a fair few regulation catches not given out even when the commentator talks about the edge.

It is more a glitch that BA needs to rectify, not you doing something wrong.

Forget edges, I have had caught and bowls by the bowler and caught them perfectly and they were not given out!!! this game needs some serious fixing!!!!

The slow motion effect isn't always for catches. It can also appear even if the ball has bounced.

Worth going back and checking to see if it has bounced before saying it absolutely needs fixing

The slow motion effect isn't always for catches. It can also appear even if the ball has bounced.

Worth going back and checking to see if it has bounced before saying it absolutely needs fixing

True. When the batsman hits the ball at you (bowler) the slo-mo catch mini-game kicks in. Doesn't necessarily means it's a catch and very well could be a ground shot you need to stop or a bump ball.

Users who are viewing this thread