Ck2005 for the hardcore... BLIC for arcadey...

Ronan_UK

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
But what if I am just a cricket fan, went to see Ashes at Lords, am not a hardcore, do not follow the county, but want a good, realistic cricket game?

From playing BLIC in the demo, and cricket 2005 for a day or two, I have decided that I really prefer the bowling in Ck2005, but the batting is undecided, swinging towards Ck2005 - this is because it was slower paced, but I found BLIC's unrealistic.
I think my choice will be Ck2005, but I just want to know if there are any things I should worry about, and what you like about Ck2005 and don't like?

BLIC is too arcadey.Batting is a joke.Bowling is fine but the speed bug ruins it
somewhat.Fielding i must say is the only plus point.On the other hand cricket 2005 is a simulation.Batting is really tough even on medium.As for bowling it's really enjoyable .Haven't played with manual fielding yet.In Short BLIC is for the casual gamer only.cricket 2005 has something for everyone.

I read on tip on this forum for batting and that was try and time your swing for when the ball is just about to bounce. This works as I have now managed to hit six 6's off of one over on medium. It takes practice but u will get the hang of it and this game is far better than blic for realism. Obviously u need to choose the right shot but this comes with practise aswell. Took me about 3 days to get into game properly and score a decent score.

sup3rfly try it on hard it's real tough.well on medium even i have hit six sixes in an over but on hard i tell u 250 in 50 overs will be a very good score mine is 290
though but iaverage is about 230

C2005 is totally unrealistic because some shots have far too much power behind them (off side shots) whereas straight drives have no power as do shots through midwicket. At least in BLIC 2005 you can score runs all round the wicket. If you study the reviews that have been done you will find that BLIC is more realistic but has a few bugs that need to be addressed before it can be said to be a great game.

Accept my KB won't grab screenies I would love to show you my wagon wheel/spider, I have shots all around the wicket, you my friend need to go back to the nets :P

martyn please read

u must be mistaken my friend. its the opposite .shots through offside have less power. i agree the off drive(6 hit) should have more power.i did not say blic is abad game.it is an entertaining game but it is too easy.Ideal for a casual gamer .u said shots in cricket 2005 were unrealistic.well let's see BLIC has no advance
sot,no differentiation between backfoot and frontfoot shots and u say cricket 2005 is unrealistic.cricket 2005 may be hard but it is very realistic.

catdad2001 said:
u must be mistaken my friend. its the opposite .shots through offside have less power. i agree the off drive(6 hit) should have more power.i did not say blic is abad game.it is an entertaining game but it is too easy.Ideal for a casual gamer .u said shots in cricket 2005 were unrealistic.well let's see BLIC has no advance
sot,no differentiation between backfoot and frontfoot shots and u say cricket 2005 is unrealistic.cricket 2005 may be hard but it is very realistic.
No you are the one that is mistaken my friend - shots through the legside have no power and this has been noted by professional reviewers. You can back away to the legside in the game and slap the ball away through the offside time after time. The computer AI bowls totally unrealistic lines and lengths. My guess is you just use certain batsmen to slog and rely on that to score runs. Take a look at some reviews and face up to the fact that the game is not very good.

What is it with you EA fanatics?

I can assure u I am not an EA FanBoy. I prefere this game to BLIC as I feel its better as in terms of realism and due to fact there being only 2 PC Cricket games out sort of limits me. My fav game producer of all time since commodore 64 has been codemasters but unfourtantley they have drop a clanger with this one.

martyn said:
If you study the reviews that have been done you will find that BLIC is more realistic

:laugh sorry, but that quite literally made me laugh out loud

BLIC more realistic...hahahaha......And the world is flat, not spherical, right? :laugh

BLIC is good for those who just want to have fun. Cricket 05 is for those that want a realistic game.

martyn said:
No you are the one that is mistaken my friend - shots through the legside have no power and this has been noted by professional reviewers. You can back away to the legside in the game and slap the ball away through the offside time after time. The computer AI bowls totally unrealistic lines and lengths. My guess is you just use certain batsmen to slog and rely on that to score runs. Take a look at some reviews and face up to the fact that the game is not very good.

What is it with you EA fanatics?
Nice joke! And for anyone being a fanatic is you. Others who were crying down EA and supporting Codies saw the light. However, it seems that you haven't. I think you are a Codemasters fanatic!!! Blic is an arcade...cricket 2005 is a sim. I said it before they were released...and it proved to be right.
P.S- Take a look at some reviews and face up to the fact that BLIC is not very good. :D

Users who are viewing this thread