close fielding and other things

lurk

School Cricketer
I loved DB14, still do... have torn myself away from it to post this, but there were a few things that really annoyed me but no-one else seems to mention.

1. Bat/Pad fielding was/is pointless. I love spin bowling and the only thing close fielders were good for were being meat shields.
2. no stumpings
3. the pitches/wickets looked different but there was no real variation
4. the ball would be trickling towards the stumps and the wicketkeeper would helpfully stop it
5. run outs were impossible if you were the bowler because of the lag from catching the return to striking the stumps.
6. it was pointless having slips in

have any of these things been addressed in DB17?

We await for some footage on a proper Bat/Pad Catch by a close fielder , because we can be sure.

Oh , and the Meat Shields are still in operation , fearless as allways .

The new Variation is a 8th Slip (I think) , meaning now you cannot glide to 3rd man (Superman Keeper) and not cut because of Meatshield at 8th slip , and cannot drive straight because of Superman Spin Bowler.

Still needs a fair bit tweaking to get these anomolies out .

We await for some footage on a proper Bat/Pad Catch by a close fielder , because we can be sure.

Oh , and the Meat Shields are still in operation , fearless as allways .

The new Variation is a 8th Slip (I think) , meaning now you cannot glide to 3rd man (Superman Keeper) and not cut because of Meatshield at 8th slip , and cannot drive straight because of Superman Spin Bowler.

Still needs a fair bit tweaking to get these anomolies out .
Seeing Wealey's video creates the feel that it is possible to get bat pad with the way the AI plays spin, havent seen one yet but some shots are almost similar to one..

Am I the only one who got a stumping in dbc17?

EDIT: I meant dbc14 :facepalm

Last edited:
I loved DB14, still do... have torn myself away from it to post this, but there were a few things that really annoyed me but no-one else seems to mention.

1. Bat/Pad fielding was/is pointless. I love spin bowling and the only thing close fielders were good for were being meat shields.
2. no stumpings
3. the pitches/wickets looked different but there was no real variation
4. the ball would be trickling towards the stumps and the wicketkeeper would helpfully stop it
5. run outs were impossible if you were the bowler because of the lag from catching the return to striking the stumps.
6. it was pointless having slips in

have any of these things been addressed in DB17?
In DBC 14 they were indeed a rare occurrence (I say rare because I did get some edges, ons stumping only). Seeing @wealey88 videos and also various youtube gameplays, I can say I have seen 1, 2, 3, 6 addressed!

Users who are viewing this thread