Config Editing

vish_lor

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey I was just wondering if anyone could tell me which value to edit in the config file to make the computer batting more aggressive and also a little less bounce

thanks

there are many factors that decide how aggressive the cpu is when batting but some simple pointers to get you going are

1- the cpurequest and cpureward values in the 1_easy/normal/hard.cfg files. Increasing these (especially the cpureward value) will increase the overall attacking nature of the cpu. However, don't increase them too much otherwise the cpu will play hook shots to yorkers and other weird things etc

2- the cpu pacing files (1day10.cfg, 1day20.cfg etc)

Its split into sections. Each section has defensive moderate attacking & 6 hit values. Increase the values of the aggressive and 6 hit values for more attacking play

There are more factors, but its too time comsuming for me to explain. However, these things I have mentioned will get you started

Forgot to answer your question about lowering the bounce - heres what I said in a similar thread before :

in the fast/swing/offspin/legspin.cfg (stored in the cricket2002\configs folder) there is the following

Condition 0
RestitutionXZ 0.990000
RestitutionY 0.406000
RollingResistanc 0.985591
WicketRestitutionXZ 0.799886
WicketRestitutionY 0.735472
WicketRollingResistance 0.896194
Gravity 0.108948
End

The WicketRestitutionY value determines the bounce of the ball after pitching.
Lower the value to lower the bounce for all Condition types

Try adjusting by 0.02 at a time

k sorry but im new to this, i can only do visual basic ive never done anything like this before

would decreasing it by 0.02 would make it go from WicketRestitutionY 0.735472
to WicketRestitutionY 0.755472

and also in the pacing files do i edit every aggressive and 6 hit value? and by how much would u recommend

thanks a lot

Originally posted by COLDCUT1@Apr 15 2003, 10:10 AM
k sorry but im new to this, i can only do visual basic ive never done anything like this before

would decreasing it by 0.02 would make it go from WicketRestitutionY 0.735472
to WicketRestitutionY 0.755472

and also in the pacing files do i edit every aggressive and 6 hit value? and by how much would u recommend

thanks a lot
mate if you can do visual basic this will be a picnic in comparison ;)

in your example you increased by 0.02 not decreased. Increasing will make the bounce higher. Decreasing (eg WicketRestitutionY 0.715472) will lower the bounce

As for the pacing files, its a bit trial and error I am afraid. I think the files work like this, but don't hold me to it.

The files all look like this

StrokeProb 0 0 "0" ........... "0" = attacking batsman
Def 8980
Mod 41896
Agg 32980
Six 18292
StrokeProb 0 0 "1" ........... "1" = moderate batsman
Def 16896
Mod 45292
Agg 48740
Six 3312
StrokeProb 0 0 "2" ............ "2" = defensive batsman
Def 28060
Mod 48740
Agg 0
Six 0

They come in blocks of 3 (000, 001, 002), then (010, 011, 012 etc) The final digit determines which batsman type the block refers to.

The above is fact. However the next bit is just my theory and hasn't been proven

That is, these blocks of 3 come in 6 parts (from 000, 001, 002 to 060, 061, 062)
This is then duplicated, but the parts start with a 1 and not a 0 (ie 100, 101, 102 to 160, 161, 162)

I think that the blocks that begin with a "0" is for when the cpu bats first and the blocks that begin with a "1" is when the cpu bats second.

I also think that the 6 parts are used through out the innings, starting with the 000 (or 100) through to 062 (or 162). The 000, is the start of the innings, and the 060 is the end of the innings with the other blocks coming in between. So to an extent you can determine how aggressive\defensive cpu is during specific phases of the innings

All this is my guesstimate so may be wrong. Hope it makes some sense though and good luck

if i wanted to make a swing bowler swing the ball more and make him bowl faster, which would i edit?

plz tell us more about CFG editing........it is starting to make sence and its very usefull.

and also what file to edit to change the pacing of CPU in TEST matches.

thnx and plz tell us more. :thumbs:

and also........what files to edit to modify CPU'S BOWLING........and how to edit it.
thanks.

Can any one tell me what's the difference between U_Hard.cfg & L_Hard.cfg?

Originally posted by tutsipoppy@Nov 18 2003, 06:44 PM
plz tell us more about CFG editing........it is starting to make sence and its very usefull.

and also what file to edit to change the pacing of CPU in TEST matches.

thnx and plz tell us more. :thumbs:
tutsi

see this previous reply

1- the cpurequest and cpureward values in the u_easy/normal/hard.cfg files. Increasing these (especially the cpureward value) will increase the overall attacking nature of the cpu. However, don't increase them too much otherwise the cpu will play hook shots to yorkers and other weird things etc

There is more you can do but don't have the time or inclination to go into it anymore, sorry

As for altering cpu bowling, its all to do with the u_easy/normal/hard.cfg. Changing the values in the fast swing, spin and seam sections will affect the way the cpu and human bowls. However increasing speed of the bowlers will only affect cpu bowling.

Generally, increasing values, increases speed, swing, spin and seam etc and vice versa for decreasing values

Users who are viewing this thread