Correct the commentry

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can someone correct the commentry in BLC? After all the team updates, it's a little messed up (e.g. Gillespie is called Beven etc.). It's ok if new players are left blank but original ones should be corrected.

have you tried switching commentary files in the blc stats editor? this will change names of existing player in blc- can be downloaded from cricketgames.com

For anyone who wants to change the commentary files;
I have a wordpad document that contains the file numbers for all names in BLC.
This is quite useful for,say, if u want to update commentary for Jayawardene rather than trying all files in the SL directory u can look it up on my list.
Also it's useful for names that re-appear ( eg. Richardson for RSA u can re-use for NZ.

Hi. Ranj, with changing the players name file, r there other payer files i can download, or how do i change a players commentry to blank, when i change it to blank, it doesnt work and just pics any players commentry for that player. thanx

jezza2- i would think that you cant leave names blank, as every player needs a name attributed to them for blc to run properly but i am not sure?
there is a list of all commentary files (i think this is the one ben is talkin bout) in the blc editor (help/help topics/working with blc editor/ changing comm.) and for new players, i just choose the file which sounds the most similar). i dont know how to create new names for new players such as trescothick or laxman etc. but a sound editor is probably needed

I mentioned earlier I had made a list of all names said in commentary.
Unforunately I accidently deleted this,but I am working on it again and I will send to all those who have requested it.

Jonathan Agnew does commentary for BBC Sports Radio. So maybe one can record commentary or part of commentary from radio and get player names from that in Agnew's voice. Unfortunately I don't have a radio good enough to recieve BBC. So maybe someone else can.

What say u?

PS: Btw where are these commentary updates comin from?

Users who are viewing this thread