Correlation between County Team and Youth?

bhail256

Club Cricketer
I have noticed as of late, especially in the 2005 edition there are very limited spinners. Is it just me or do I see better spinners when i play with Yorkshire? So far Durham and Surrey game's have only given me decent players.Mind you, I have always given 50,000 to Youth from the beginning of the 1st Season. I have also played 14 different games, with Durham and Surrey twice. It would be nice to know if anyone can point out strong Youth producing teams. :cheers

finalz

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
just wack it up to 50k and wait a few seasons some players should turn up.... if they are not too decent just leave them at the side with techingue for their chosen area working away for a season and if u dont get much improvement(only take for a year) then fire them or wait another season and see how they play first team... should make a difference or just have a couple of medioka spinners and use a first class one preferably from bangladesh... pakestan.... or india... they produce the best ones that i have found

pinchinator

International Cricketer
put 50k on both youth and coaching trust me it works cause for the next 3 years i got bowlers who avereaged between 9-17

newzolt

Club Captain
Spinners from the asian countries are really extra ordinary in the game.You do get some quality overseas spin-allrounders in the game in the later years.Trust me they are good.

FreddieFan

International Coach
I got a young English spinning all-rounder, whose batting average is around 30, and a total bowling average of 22, but last year he took 127 wickets @ 17.

pinchinator

International Cricketer
i have an all rounder that has batting at 50 odd and bowling at 29 but hes crap though he has played for england in 12 tests

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
If you have 50K on your youth academy you'll get a good spinner every few seasons. The first "decent" spinnner I found for Lancashire is approaching his 1000th Test wicket. I've also got a new leggie who took a 5 wicket haul on his debut.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
My best spinner, an offie, for Lancashire has over 1000 wickets for England at 20's and has gone past the 2000 mark where the counters reset in the county game. They definately exist :)

bhail256

Club Cricketer
I understand that there are decent youth, but if we compare the 2002 previous version to the 2005 there is a stark difference in the player generation. I usually get alot of batsmen and RFM, RMF and RF also decent all rounders but rarely very rarely a decent spinner. The season i am playing now I got a LS bowler who is actually a left armer, who has a second team average of 13.44 with 87 wickets. Although I have much better quickies he still plays in my first 11, as he brings in variation and is quite good. Haven't seen a spinner with a second team average of less that 13.44 yet; after a collective 150 seasons with all the different teams.

The point of this thread was originally to see if spinners or certain types of players come from particular counties. Although we can discuss about both the topics. Its nice to see so much interest in this game. This is my absolute favorite cricket simulation game.

Users who are viewing this thread