CPU vs CPU works read here about how to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

kymsheba

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
HOW TO WATCH CPU vs CPU GAMES...It works read here about how to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

just got a reply from "FishBowlMan" about a possible way to watch a test match with CPU vs CPU i tried his suggestion and can happily tell you it works you can watch games with CPU vs CPU...... :happy ;) :hpraise :cheers :) :clap :D :cool:

FishBowlMan you are a genius..... :hpraise

OK here is how you do it....

This is for PC version dont know about other versions....also wont work if you choose keyboard control only works for GAMEPADS & JOYSTICKS but it does work thank god...or better yet thank FishBowlMan :upray :hpraise

1. Start a game vs CPU save as soon as possible then exit game.

2. Then unplug controller you were using for the game, and start CRICKET 2005

3. reload your saved game (DO NOT PLUG IN CONTROLLER)

4. Sit back and enjoy the CPU playing against itself.

5. You can still control the menus in between overs but CPU will play the game.

6. If you press "S" it will skip the animation between balls so you dont have to wait for animations....

all credit goes to "FishBowlMan" it was his suggestion i just tried it for him...this will only work for game pad controllers and joysticks not keyboard obviously...

Last edited:
Thankyou kym - glad it works :) and thanks for the rep :D

The real genius here is Shailesh who has found how to edit this in his forthcoming "gaMCHanger 2005" :hpraise

I think I'll go watch a cpu game tonight :cool:

FishBowlMan said:
Thankyou kym - glad it works :) and thanks for the rep :D

The real genius here is Shailesh who has found how to edit this in his forthcoming "gaMCHanger 2005" :hpraise

I think I'll go watch a cpu game tonight :cool:
hi mate,

well you both are deserving of high praise mate i couldn't believe EA left this out CPU vs CPU i use it a lot to try out patches and i enjoy watching the CPU battle it out too, i have watched some great games this way...i am watching a game now between ENG vs AUS...1st Test, Eng 1st Inn 12 runs for 0 wkts of the 10th over on a green seaming pitch difficult conditions it is great.

For patch testing it was great. You could just let a game run and get lots of pacing info. I hope it doesn't require a button press after each over though!

Let us know who wins!!

FishBowlMan said:
For patch testing it was great. You could just let a game run and get lots of pacing info. I hope it doesn't require a button press after each over though!

Let us know who wins!!
Unfortunatly it seems you need to press start on the menu after each over but hey at least we can do it now :)

I will let you know how it goes also we will be able to see if "confidence" does affect the game now as well, i am testing that out as well.

update on CPU vs CPU....England loses 1st wicket

Ashes Series / Normal Difficulty
Green Pitch, Difficult Conditions

England 51 for 1, 1st innings, 39.2 overs

Trescothick out bowled for 25 by S.Warne
Strauss not out 22

S.Warne 6.2 overs, 2 maidens, 6 runs, 1 wicket

*NOTE*
Pacing by CPU is slow but ball is seaming around a lot and warne getting a bit of turn and good flight....CPU was just starting to pick up the pace a bit.
-----------------

update on CPU vs CPU....England loses 2nd wicket

England 58 for 2, 1st innings, 43.3 overs

Strauss out for 25 caught G.McGrath bowled S.Warne
Vaughan not out 4

S.Warne 8.3 overs, 2 maidens, 11 runs, 2 wickets

*NOTE*
Vaughan came in and started playing shots straight away, so not sure if CPU defends for 100 balls then attacks like has been reported will know when next batter comes in.
--------------------------

update on CPU vs CPU....England loses 3rd wicket

England 62 for 3, 1st innings, 46.2 overs

Vaughan out for 7 caught B.Lee bowled G.McGrath
Thorpe not out 1

G.McGrath 15.2 overs, 3 maidens, 22 runs, 1 wickets

*NOTE*
Vaughan was looking good but attempted to drive McGrath and edged to 2nd slip, Green Pitch is starting to really cause havoc with the batters.
---------------------------

update on CPU vs CPU....England loses 4th wicket

England 76 for 4, 1st innings, 53.2 overs

Butcher out for 8 caught G.McGrath bowled S.Warne
Thorpe not out 6

S.Warne 13.2 overs, 3 maidens, 23 runs, 3 wickets

*NOTE*
Where it has been reported that CPU defends first 100 balls then attacks it seems the openers do this probably to take shine off ball as all the following batsmen are playing shots but are failing to post a reasonable score due mainly to green pitch and difficult conditions, be interesting to see if spinners are "too good" at bowling which has been reported by other forum members, hard to tell at this stage as warne may be getting his wickets due to the pitch and conditions will be interesting to see if Englands spinner does the same i think that will indicate if spinners are too good or not.
---------------------------

going to take a break for now got to goto work....will update later when i get a chance

Last edited:
Just a question, wouldn't you rather watch some real Cricket (eg Ashes) then watch the computer play?

Howzat said:
Just a question, wouldn't you rather watch some real Cricket (eg Ashes) then watch the computer play?
yes i would and did lol....watched every ball of the 1st test of the ashes and see as how i live in South Australia (i am a aussie but support England) had to stay up in the early hours of the morning but it was worth it what a match, very exciting i support England and have been saying for the past year and a half that we will win the Ashes back with this team c'mon England lets roll the aussies. :)

now the reason i like the CPU vs CPU matches is to test the patches with and also i just like watching the CPU battle it out i find it enjoyable to watch but hey that's me others dont see the point but some others do as well.... ;)

I take it there is no way if all you have is a keyboard?

TFM said:
I take it there is no way if all you have is a keyboard?
all i could suggest mate is to follow the steps i pointed out but instead of unplugging gamepads or joystick try unplugging your keyboard and then load up cricket 2005 and your saved match and see if that works or not, i havn't tried it yet so it may work. Worth a shot and let me know if it works for you ok.

good luck..... ;)

Didn't work.

But I found a control and now it works, so good job.

Update on the CPU vs CPU game i started to watch....

After an epic fightback by Thorpe and Flintoff the game was evenly balanced after Thorpe (124) made a sparkling century and 170 run partnership with Flintoff (76 not out) the innings finally ended with England all out for 343 runs....Warne picked up 6 wickets for a cost of 103 runs (Flintoff and Thorpe really took to him).

Well the Aussies replied with a massive 543 runs...Ponting 156, Langer 124, Gilchrist a run a ball 76 runs. Flintoff & Harmison were the big wicket takers with 3 & 4 wickets.

The 2nd Innings never got underway as rain came and washed out last day and a half so ended in a draw, which probably saved the English side from losing the test.

So all in all a thrilling and exciting test even though it ended in a draw due to rain.

man of the match S.Warne for his 6 wickets and his 37 runs he scored.

*NOTE*
Pacing was slow in first innings but picked up as the game progressed, i think the pacing was slow due to the conditions but seemed to get better as the match wore on, maybe the weather conditions do change throughout the match but we dont get to see it???? hmmm will have to look more into this later.

Will now test out the world series one dayers now.

This seems better than last year's autoplay scores. I seem to remember waking up to scores of Aus 140 all out after 120 overs and thinking "no wonder I fell alseep". yep - definitely going to be useful for patch testing.

Users who are viewing this thread