created characters name length

hilts291

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have searched and searched this forum so please forgive me if this has already been asked. When creating a player there seems to be a limit on the length of a players name, 9 characters i think. Can this be modified to add more characters to a name.

ok, thanks sid. I understand that there are tutorials out there for this. I actually attempted to do this myself using a hex editor did not work of course but some knowledge of hex editing would help. Again thanks mate will investigate a bit harder.

would i be a pain in asking if someone could direct me to the link that would help me use the hex editor to do these changes to my created guys name. If at all possible thank you

Thanks mate will go there now. Maybe I just needed to look a bit harder. Thanks again.

hilts291 said:
Thanks mate will go there now. Maybe I just needed to look a bit harder. Thanks again.

Just open the .ros file using a hex editor,and there on the right hand side you will find all the player names,if you are looking for a particular player you should use the find option,then simply type the name or whatever changes you wish to make.If you are still not sure let me know and I will post a picture of how it is to be done.Thank You.

sid_19840 said:
Just open the .ros file using a hex editor,and there on the right hand side you will find all the player names,if you are looking for a particular player you should use the find option,then simply type the name or whatever changes you wish to make.If you are still not sure let me know and I will post a picture of how it is to be done.Thank You.
thanks sid it really helped because now I can write full sreesanth name.

G'day sid, mate sorry to be a nuisance but could you please post a picture for me. When I go to my ros. file I see the name of my created character. When I edit name and save I go back into the game and my created player is missing. I think I am definetly doing something wrong. Or maybe just A LITTLE SLOW. I know I am doing some silly thing wrong. Thanks mate.

yep definetly no go still. Everytime I go back into the game it says unable to load roster aarrgghhhh!!!!!

hilts291 said:
I have searched and searched this forum so please forgive me if this has already been asked. When creating a player there seems to be a limit on the length of a players name, 9 characters i think. Can this be modified to add more characters to a name.
If you click the buttons you get like 9 characters but if you type it you get substantially more. Try that, if you can't fit in that way then try the mumbo-jumbo they suggested.

Thanks Aus, mate tried both ways but still the 9 characters unless its my typing skills. Thanks anyway.

hold on,ill post pics soon.

ok Ill explain the process in steps.

1)Open any hex editor(Im using hex workshop)

2)Open the .ros file which you want to edit.

t1.jpg

3)Using the Find option find the name of the player you want to edit.

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

4)By tying in make the changes you want for the player.

t4.jpg

5)Save before exiting the hex editor.

6)The changes can be seen in game as well.

I hope this helped.

Users who are viewing this thread