Cricket 19 Nintendo switch.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm thinking of getting a Switch. I don't wish to hijack this thread but are there other sports games that have been made to play on Switch handheld?

Edit/addendum....just did a quick internet search....yes, there are other sports games....lots of 'em.
Just saw your edit, but which ones are you thinking of playing, besides C19. I have FIFA 19, plays well both on TV and Handheld.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Just saw your edit, but which ones are you thinking of playing, besides C19. I have FIFA 19, plays well both on TV and Handheld.

I'll play any sports game DAP....as long as its a decent representation of the sport concerned....great gameplay experience is an added bonus. My current sports games...on various consoles...include football (soccer/rugby league and union/Aussie rules)..baseball...basketball..ice hockey...cycling (Tour de France)..tennis..cricket..golf..motor sport..athletics (Olympics)..wrestling.......if it's a sports game I'll play it!

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I'll play any sports game DAP....as long as its a decent representation of the sport concerned....great gameplay experience is an added bonus. My current sports games...on various consoles...include football (soccer/rugby league and union/Aussie rules)..baseball...basketball..ice hockey...cycling (Tour de France)..tennis..cricket..golf..motor sport..athletics (Olympics)..wrestling.......if it's a sports game I'll play it!
I like sports games too. Except NBA, I have mostly enjoyed them.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

what union game you playing? is it any good?

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
what union game you playing? is it any good?
I've got 3 union games. Rugby Challenge 2 and RWC 2011 on 360 and Rugby 18 on Xbox1.
My personal scoring criteria is purely based on how good gameplay is compared to bugs ratio within a game.

Rugby Challenge 2.....7/10 (maybe 7.5 cos it has the Lions tour in it).

RWC 2011..................6/10.

Rugby 18....................On release 4/10......post patch 6/10.

Last edited:

Vampes

School Cricketer
I'm thinking of getting a Switch. I don't wish to hijack this thread but are there other sports games that have been made to play on Switch handheld?

Edit/addendum....just did a quick internet search....yes, there are other sports games....lots of 'em.

There are quite a few BUT many of them are cut down or bad.. the main benefit is portability as if you are a tv screen gamer with another console, chances are the other console has a far superior version of the game... that said here are my favourites

Cricket 19 - starting on topic, the reason people are excited about this on switch is that not only is it a deep cricket game, but its the whole game that the other consoles received including career, tutorial modes, TV style presentation, online play and customisable / shareable players and Stadia! Some bugs and performance issues including long load times but its cricket, only portable - thumbs up!

NBA 2K 19 - Again, its the full version so thumbs up - I found it wasn't a game I enjoyed playing in portable mode (due to the joycons). Also its riddled with microtransactions and takes up a huge amount of space on the switch. Nevertheless, fans love it. Alternatively, NBA Playgrounds 2 - More arcadey than the above but I feel that makes for a better portable experience - a lot of players are locked behind a grind but you can pay to unlock them so mixed. I picked it up cheap and like it.

Fifa 19 - a cut down version based on the xbox 360 engine form a few years back but I think it plays well in portable mode. More microtrans if you are into FUT and EA treat it very much as a poor relation compared to other consoles (fifa 20 legacy will be the SAME game but with 'roster updates' - grrrr)

Mario Tennis - cartoon tennis with super moves etc but again, plays well. You can also play exhibition matches as straight tennis. For a more realistic licensed option, Tennis World Tour / Roland Garros Edition - A game that launched in an appalling state but after a year of patches, I quite like it (that's not a popular opinion though :-) ) - looks for it on steep discount

RBI19 Baseball - its OK, quite arcadey and not very deep. For fans of arcadey baseball only.

There are also a lot of older NEO GEO / arcade sports titles available if you are into that sort of thing (turf masters is a decent golf game for example).

sami007

Club Cricketer
Just purchased while I am at work! Should be installed by the time I get home. What is the latest patch number?

Dmayne

School Cricketer
Any news on the community downloads needing a membership? Not really on BA but needs to be sorted by now

topanaris

School Cricketer
I have bought every Big Ant Cricket game and even bought Ashe Cricket twice; one on PC and the other on PS4. I feel like I am in purgatory with Big Ant Cricket games. What I see on the PS4 version trumps the PC version and the Switch version (which I had to import from Australia to get it in Jamaica) is nigh on unplayable.

1. In handheld mode when you hit the ball you cant see it.
2. When batting the bowling reticle is barely visible.
3. THE LOAD TIMES ARE ATROCIOUS
4. The overall graphical quality is just not what it should be, I understand the limitations of the Switch but seriously, I think this could be handled better.
5. Game occasionally hangs which I switch from handheld to docked mode and trying to use my pro controller.

What I like though

1. Options in batting and bowling style
2. Variety of player movement in the field (keeper will through the ball to point) small touches like that.
3. Thus far I havent herd any broken commentary (i.e. hitting my 17 hundred and hearing hitting a hundred on debut)
4. The slinga action!!! Gotta love the slinga!

I have high hopes all these issues will get sorted out. As for the questions re the community, I have Nintendo online and I have no issues with the Academy.

ajamils

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have bought every Big Ant Cricket game and even bought Ashe Cricket twice; one on PC and the other on PS4. I feel like I am in purgatory with Big Ant Cricket games. What I see on the PS4 version trumps the PC version and the Switch version (which I had to import from Australia to get it in Jamaica) is nigh on unplayable.

1. In handheld mode when you hit the ball you cant see it.
2. When batting the bowling reticle is barely visible.
3. THE LOAD TIMES ARE ATROCIOUS
4. The overall graphical quality is just not what it should be, I understand the limitations of the Switch but seriously, I think this could be handled better.
5. Game occasionally hangs which I switch from handheld to docked mode and trying to use my pro controller.

What I like though

1. Options in batting and bowling style
2. Variety of player movement in the field (keeper will through the ball to point) small touches like that.
3. Thus far I havent herd any broken commentary (i.e. hitting my 17 hundred and hearing hitting a hundred on debut)
4. The slinga action!!! Gotta love the slinga!

I have high hopes all these issues will get sorted out. As for the questions re the community, I have Nintendo online and I have no issues with the Academy.
That does not sound very encouraging :(. I just purchased the game and it is currently downloading. Maybe I should have gone with the Xbone version.

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
The Switch version does take time getting used to, but it's far from being atrocious. The resolution makes the game look blurry in handheld but at least, it's the deepest cricket game ever on a handheld and a full version at that. Does anyone know if we can change the button bindings on Switch? I am using my Xbox for TV sessions and handheld for Switch, but since the buttons are labelled the same (in different order though), it becomes a bit confusing moving from one console to another.

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
NBA 2K 19 - Again, its the full version so thumbs up - I found it wasn't a game I enjoyed playing in portable mode (due to the joycons). Also its riddled with microtransactions and takes up a huge amount of space on the switch. Nevertheless, fans love it. Alternatively, NBA Playgrounds 2 - More arcadey than the above but I feel that makes for a better portable experience - a lot of players are locked behind a grind but you can pay to unlock them so mixed. I picked it up cheap and like it.

This one's only $3 on the store currently. Easy buy at that price.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
The Switch version does take time getting used to, but it's far from being atrocious. The resolution makes the game look blurry in handheld but at least, it's the deepest cricket game ever on a handheld and a full version at that. Does anyone know if we can change the button bindings on Switch? I am using my Xbox for TV sessions and handheld for Switch, but since the buttons are labelled the same (in different order though), it becomes a bit confusing moving from one console to another.
Are you based in the US, or just have a Switch US Account?

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
Are you based in the US, or just have a Switch US Account?

Just a Switch US account. Did you get yours? I think even the timing of shots is a bit different than the other console versions (due to the difference in fps).

Users who are viewing this thread