Cricket 2004 Problem

M

Mezzair

Right, I purchased Cricket 2004. I installed it fine, no problem.. I come to run the game, the EA Sports credit movie starts to run, and hangs after a couple of seconds. I have to reset my computer to return to my desktop..

I have posted this same problem on about two other Cricket 2004 forums and still end up with getting no answer on how to solve the problem. I took the game into work, in which the machine has on-board graphics, in which it ran fine..

Well, here is my specifications..

1.2Ghz AMD Athlon
64mb Geforce 4 mx 440
k133 Mobo (MSI-6340)
256 SDRAM
Windows XP Proffesional
Direct X 9

Anyhelp would be fantastic.. I have managed to get the game to run twice by a complete fluke..I seems to work when it wants too..

Originally posted by barmyarmy@Jan 11 2004, 03:46 PM
Try skipping the opening video sequence by pressing esc straight away.
I have tryed that many a time..

Originally posted by Mezzair@Jan 11 2004, 01:31 PM
Right, I purchased Cricket 2004. I installed it fine, no problem.. I come to run the game, the EA Sports credit movie starts to run, and hangs after a couple of seconds. I have to reset my computer to return to my desktop..

I have posted this same problem on about two other Cricket 2004 forums and still end up with getting no answer on how to solve the problem. I took the game into work, in which the machine has on-board graphics, in which it ran fine..

Well, here is my specifications..

1.2Ghz AMD Athlon
64mb Geforce 4 mx 440
k133 Mobo (MSI-6340)
256 SDRAM
Windows XP Proffesional
Direct X 9

Anyhelp would be fantastic.. I have managed to get the game to run twice by a complete fluke..I seems to work when it wants too..
Have you tried running dxdiag at all? Go to Start- Run - Dxdiag and then try out Test Directdraw and Direct 3D. If you are able to run it all then I dont really see any reason for not being able to run the game.

Sorry didnt notice you menitoned you could run the game once or twice by chance. If the directx tests are all fine I suggest you turn off all other progams from the toolbar like MSN messenger, Anti virus software et al. If none of these solve then you may want to check if there are any IRQ conflicts in your hardware. I hope one of these will sort out your problem.

this game is total bull, it does different weird things on everyone's computers. We should chuck it back in EA's faces and tell 'em to give us a decent game. why pay so much money for such a stupid bug-filled game? the last game that didnt have too many bugs was cricket2000, an updated version of cricket99.

i know this isnt constructive to your problem, i'm just trying to say everyone has problems.

It depends on the computer you are using you will have these types of problems with all the games. The game does have alot of bugs the cricket2004 forums are sending a combined email to HB studios and EA by Feb giving them a detailed list of bugs and a patch request.

After installing... i tried to run the game ok.... and then it didnt show the movie i mean the intro movie... and it goes to the splash where its written all copyright stuff and then it shows loading and wthin 2 seconds it sends me back to desktop. any reason for that... i have directx 8.1 196MB Ram but AGP is not that power is there any way to give virtual memory to my AGP if yes let me know Thank you

its on-board....

can we increase it through virtual memory ? my harddisk doesnt have enough free space do you think it can be a problem......

plz let me know thank u

You can increase the shared memory size in your BIOS set-up. If you don't know what that is, I'd suggest not risking it.

However, many on-board graphics chips have problems running Cricket 2004.

ppl say that AGP card cant be used in PCI slot i have only PCI Slots which graphic card can i use ?

let me know which card can be used in Intel 810E Motherboard

GFORCE4MX440 64MB DDR
GFORCE FX5200 128MB DDR AOPEN
SIS 128MB TVOUT
GFORCE 4 TI4200 64MB LEADTEK
GFORCE FX5200 128MB 8X ASUS
GFORCE 4MX440 64MB 8X ASUS
GFORCE2 MX400 64MB TVOUT
GFORCE4 MX4000 128MB TVOUT 8X
GFORCE FX5600 256MB TVOUT 8X
RADEON 7000 32MB GIGABYTE
RADEON 9000 64MB DDR GIGABYTE
RADEON 9200 128MB DDR ASUS
RADEON VE 64MB DDR TVOUT
RADEON 9600/PRO 128MB

i have pci slots only
my current vga is built inn so if i get a new graphic card what will i do with monitor cable should i connect it with new or old.... is AGP same as VGA plz let meknow more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread